Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1517

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

The plists which i've changed have been posted...ryanandkevin u can try these and see if ur phone still becomes a touch...if it does then their is something else which is causing it to be cuz my phone just brings out all the settings for the stuff..accessibility..voice control..etc just like the 3gs but none of them functioning, yet....
    Attached Files Attached Files

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can you see the camera switch though, like in 3.0? you could?

Thanks

if u mean the little toggle to bottom right of the camera screen of choosing from still-video camera then yes i can see the toggle..but like always the issue of the black screen

I don't mean to barge in on anything here, and I seriously don't mean any disrespect for what you are trying to do, I really appreciate it--but are any of you guys actually developers? Do you know anything about app development or reverse engineering Mac OS X? Or are you just kinda fumbling around in the dark with ideas?

Once again, no disrespect, it just seems like from page 1 to page 71, we're on the same page (no pun intended) with the same issues.

I realize that despite my "disclaimers" I'm probably going to get flamed real bad for this so I'll just stand back a little..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

Metroplex (2009-10-13)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    I don't mean to barge in on anything here, and I seriously don't mean any disrespect for what you are trying to do, I really appreciate it--but are any of you guys actually developers? Do you know anything about app development or reverse engineering Mac OS X? Or are you just kinda fumbling around in the dark with ideas?

Once again, no disrespect, it just seems like from page 1 to page 71, we're on the same page (no pun intended) with the same issues.

I realize that despite my "disclaimers" I'm probably going to get flamed real bad for this so I'll just stand back a little..
    Where there is a will there is a way

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BoardDWorld For This Useful Post:

devteamtools (2009-10-13)

Thanks

I'm not a developer, but I have knowledge in coding and such and another thing, we have made way more progress on video recording than you have on voice control, so stick to your own thread!
    Last edited by ryanandkevin; 2009-10-13 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ryanandkevin View Post
    I'm not a developer, but I have knowledge in coding and such and another thing, we have made way more progress on video recording than you have on voice control, so stick to your own thread!
    Aw, you guys are so cute! It's like you're all rivals, racing to see who can enable a 3G S feature on older phones like it's some kind of competition.

Let me tell you something: I appreciate this work. I really do. I have not contributed anything to either this project or the Voice Control one, so I have no right to complain about anything, and if either project ends up bearing fruit, I'll be sure to install them. All I'm trying to say is that in the 70+ pages, I don't see much of what has been done to enable video recording, and because of this, I would just like to know what kind of progress has been made; what is required left to do; if any form of video encoding has been performed on an older phone using the camera application, whether not video input was actually captured from the camera lens; and if there are any developers skilled enough in video encoding and reverse engineering present in this thread to actually pull this off.

Aw, you guys are so cute! It's like you're all rivals, racing to see who can enable a 3G S feature on older phones like it's some kind of competition.

Let me tell you something: I appreciate this work. I really do. I have not contributed anything to either this project or the Voice Control one, so I have no right to complain about anything, and if either project ends up bearing fruit, I'll be sure to install them. All I'm trying to say is that in the 70+ pages, I don't see much of what has been done to enable video recording, and because of this, I would just like to know what kind of progress has been made; what is required left to do; if any form of video encoding has been performed on an older phone using the camera application, whether not video input was actually captured from the camera lens; and if there are any developers skilled enough in video encoding and reverse engineering present in this thread to actually pull this off.
    video recording is possible using 3rd party software (e.g. iphonevideorecorder & cycorder). The mission statement of this attempt being made within this thread is to enable to 3GS native video recorder/video editing app in the older 3G. I doubt you actually read through the +70 pages of this thread, so it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to note any of the progress that has been made. The people working on this project have come very close to figuring out how to break the code behind the 3GS' native software and currently stuck at one last issue. That being said, the native app is very close to being enabled on our 3G phones as soon as the final piece of the puzzle is solved, which is getting the shutter to open and display the current camera feed when the code has been modified to adapt the 3GS technology.

Thanks

Ya if u have nothing to say good don't say it at all. First of all u are not doing anything to help and u coming over here and saying that we have not got anything done in the past 70 pages is not making anything better and posted below there are 3rd party apps that allow the Iphone to record but we are trying to bring it to the next level. So unless u are going to help we don't need to say anything.

Sorry if i Came on Hard but we are trying to do are best.

my friend just figured it out!!!!! i will let you know how he did it but he did mention that it was a pain in the ***.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hloz89. Please give us files and instructions if your friend got native video working.

Well im going to need a little bit of time, but he was able to enable the toogle for video like you guys figured out but he found the codes to fix the shutter and make it disapear allowing him to record, he also got it to edit and upload to email youtube everything exact just like the 3gs, the quality of the video is flawless it is so amazing. But like i said i need time to get everything down because he is going to show me how to do it. So please be patient on me because from what he has told me it is a very long prosess. And for all of us who where trying hard to bring something new to 3g users the hard work will be payed off soon. Just give me time. I will try to upload the video he has. To give a preview of what we will use in couple of days!

Thanks

^u just better not being joking about this and we better see some screenshots, videos about this
    however, nice job to your friend!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    ^u just better not being joking about this and we better see some screenshots, videos about this
    however, nice job to your friend!
    Im with Mkblade u better not be joking cuz we have trouble with people in the past that cant keep there word

I never trust any ones word when they have less than 10 posts... Just sayin'
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-10-14 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks

If you could post the files that would be great, with the instructions! Thanks so much! This is great news! As me an mkblade have been working on this along with oliverjones, and though we where closs, there was thing missing and we couldn't figure out what!

Quote Originally Posted by hloz89 View Post
    Well im going to need a little bit of time, but he was able to enable the toogle for video like you guys figured out but he found the codes to fix the shutter and make it disapear allowing him to record, he also got it to edit and upload to email youtube everything exact just like the 3gs, the quality of the video is flawless it is so amazing. But like i said i need time to get everything down because he is going to show me how to do it. So please be patient on me because from what he has told me it is a very long prosess. And for all of us who where trying hard to bring something new to 3g users the hard work will be payed off soon. Just give me time. I will try to upload the video he has. To give a preview of what we will use in couple of days!
    Your either trolling or you are really telling the truth about this either way I want a video or a Pic of the video in a 3G phone not a Iphone 3GS

Thanks

hey... people... don't get mad at this guy over what virtue design did, just wait and see.... if it happens it happens... I will continue to work on it till this guy posts the files!

Thanks

^exactly same here

I'm willing to bet this is either fake, or it requires some kind of physical modding, as he said it's a "long process."

Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast