Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

yes can you post instructions please?

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

saurik didn't prove the 3g can actually record video. Saurik proved that we can make the fps high so it will shoot several still pictures and look like a video camera. Now i'm not saying that shooting pictures really fast and taking video with a video camera is any different

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys... have you seen this??

VideoCam: Native Video Recording App for iPhone EDGE and 3G | FSMdotCOM

mind-numbing stupidity... Read it...

Quote Originally Posted by Thatskanyon View Post

:
    yep ive managed to have a look at this before.. howeveer it doesent look as nice as the native 3gs camera

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

:

I heard Apple is just rushing to approve this...

I heard Steve Jobs say "Brilliant why didn't I think of this earlier... I really should start listening to all my customers and give them features they are asking for!!!"

Then Jesus rose from the dead. He stopped world hunger, cured all the worlds diseases, and stopped all wars!!

True Story!!! It was astonishing really.
    Last edited by captjap; 2009-09-23 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Betty White was naked...hot *****!
    We ain't found s-h-i-t!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, pretty stupid... funny thing is is that the company that sent the app in for review claimed that they were the first Video recorder to be sent into Apple for approval.. Am i missing something here?

Cycorder? Iphonevideorecorder/dreamcatcher?? So dumb.

But hey when Apple approves this.. because they will, I will be able to take video with my iPhone. Something that has never been done apparently. lol.
    My head hurts.. going to lay down

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Thatskanyon For This Useful Post:

littleface (2009-09-24)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah, pretty stupid... funny thing is is that the company that sent the app in for review claimed that they were the first Video recorder to be sent into Apple for approval.. Am i missing something here?

Cycorder? Iphonevideorecorder/dreamcatcher?? So dumb.

But hey when Apple approves this.. because they will, I will be able to take video with my iPhone. Something that has never been done apparently. lol.
    My head hurts.. going to lay down
    this BETTER get approved!

if they dont get approved, and if their any smart, they will reales on cydia store

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hey.. don't apps have access to the DCIM folder? IF so someone could just write a high quality video recorder make it save as IMG_XXXX.MOV and publish to the appstore. videos can now be edited in 3.1 simply by putting them in the DCIM folder.. so hopefully iVidCam and VideoCam realize this fact.

Anyways.. any more news on native?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    they won't approve this.. theres a reason why apple didn't include the videorecording in the 2g/3g and for them to go and approve an app that has that ability for the later models... pfffttt.. don't hold your breath, but it would be awesome if someone could get it and release via cydia and then mod it so all videos will go to the photos app w/o any sbsetting toggles.

Thanks

um. why would you want this approved? i don't see any different than using cycorder or the other recorder. so whats one more to add to the mix. and besides apple is a *** and this won't make it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree...if they really wanted us to have vrecording then they would have enabled it already for us...but the fact they didnt (not 100%) in 3.0-3.1 proves that apple does not want us to have it...and so this app will be pointless........though it would be interesting if then they send to Cydia

Aside from that, I would love to just create an app exactly like the native one with better features,ui,etc. however dont have a mac so no way of having the sdk (which would really be useful)...but im just more keened in [us] enabling it through the native camera...
    *Others who are working on this--whats ur status?*

Thanks

Actually if progress doesn't keep going its time for us to move back to the plan b. Devs working on the project recreate the native app so we can hide the native app and use the new app as a still and video camera. Right?

As for compressing and uploading, We gotta look at how how pixelpipe or qik works.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    i agree...if they really wanted us to have vrecording then they would have enabled it already for us...but the fact they didnt (not 100%) in 3.0-3.1 proves that apple does not want us to have it...and so this app will be pointless........though it would be interesting if then they send to Cydia

Aside from that, I would love to just create an app exactly like the native one with better features,ui,etc. however dont have a mac so no way of having the sdk (which would really be useful)...but im just more keened in [us] enabling it through the native camera...
    *Others who are working on this--whats ur status?*
    Mkblade you can screenshare my mac if you want...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    We should just give up on native video recording, it probably won't happen. Look over at the voice control thread.. hint hint. Easiest thing to do would just be exactly what the guys w/ this VidCam app.

Thanks

Like i said what i would want now. Aim to do what they did but make that little toggle and a still camera so we can switch.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No we would give up if we had not gotten the shutter completely working. We just need to find out why the screen is blackened.. And see if we can improve the quality of video. 3.2 beta is releasing soon and it may have 3G video so we will see what happens on that front..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a feeling the reason the screen still stays shut is because of the coding within the binaries...their is something telling them to look for the opengles2 thats in 3GS..but since it cant find it it doesnt open...so we just need to change some stuff like that into compatibility with our phones...

yeah lets not give up, voice control was diffrent becouse it ran in the background and our phones didnt have enough memory but THEY did get it to work, but it owuldent sustain,

native vido recording would be alot easier but all we need to do is make the screen recorde, but we dont need extra memeory and stuff just SKILL

Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast