Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

Ok so...

interface enabled - CHECK
    Video editing enabled - CHECK
    Record Video - in progres...

i'm thinking since there are 3 plists for the 3gs which separate the still and video camera into their own plist, maybe a new one will need to be implicated for the 3G?

trying now.
    "the only constant is change."

Thanks

Rufio! Rufio!

does anyone know what or who the hardware name/ supplier of the 3G camera is?

Trying to find the shutter so all i have to do now is find all the files that relate to the camera app. shouldn't take too long haha

holy ****. i almost got it, i'm now to the point where the shutter opens and the video/camera switch is enabled, it just crashes after about 3 seconds of being open. hmm...
    Last edited by rufio; 2009-06-26 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rufio For This Useful Post:

link2009 (2009-06-26)

how did you do that?! Please explain what you did

anxious hahaha i wanna know how to, but im currently working on mms.

i'll save the explanation of where i put things and all the final steps for when i get it fully working. (keep your fingers crossed)

SO, here is where i stand...

In the 3GS firmware there are these accessibility bundles which the 3G and 2G don't have (obviously) and i'm thinking that might be the magic key but as for now it is not the only one.

anyway, in that folder there is a mobileslideshow.axbundle that i added, (besides the M68A.plist and a few other things i've moved around and modified). after that i resprung to now have the current result.

its pretty hard to find ALL the files that are associated with the camera but i've been looking.

Fanatastic job! Does it only crash when you try to take a video, or can you use to take regular photos?

btw, make sure you take a look at the VideoEncoders/VideoDecoders folders. If i recall correctly, one (or both) may have one more encoder/decoder than the 3g has.
    Last edited by link2009; 2009-06-26 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    Fanatastic job! Does it only crash when you try to take a video, or can you use to take regular photos?

btw, make sure you take a look at the VideoEncoders/VideoDecoders folders. If i recall correctly, one (or both) may have one more encoder/decoder than the 3g has.
    Thanks. It crashes when aaprx 2-3 seconds after the app is opened. Its as if it wants to work but there is one last check that is holding it back and i can't figure out what that is yet. Grr frustrating!!!

I had already added the h264h2 encoder that was missing from the 3G but it didn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by rufio View Post
    Thanks. It crashes when aaprx 2-3 seconds after the app is opened. Its as if it wants to work but there is one last check that is holding it back and i can't figure out what that is yet. Grr frustrating!!!

I had already added the h264h2 encoder that was missing from the 3G but it didn't change that.
    Oh man I'm such a hyprocrite. I said it wouldnt work and now I'm with you at full force. I'm working on this as well.

That is great progress, regardless of the error

unfortunately i have to stop for the day today but i will resume right where i left off tomorrow, hopefully it will be fully operational.

tomorrow, or when it may be convenient, could ya post a step-by-step guide of what you did, even if you don't succeed in fully enabling it?

You did check out the encoders and decoders listed a couple pages back right? those right there might help you out Rufio..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    tomorrow, or when it may be convenient, could ya post a step-by-step guide of what you did, even if you don't succeed in fully enabling it?
    I agree -- better to have many ppl working on the same path then just one!

So looking around the 3GS (havent looked at 3G & 2G yet) and
    I compiled a list of possible files that may relate to the video-recording...

~NOTE: List may/may not be 100% accurate and any changes to the List is ok..Created just to help out others who don't know where/what to look~

LIST:
    Code:
    Video Recording
    =============
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FILE/FOLDER:					LOCATION:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MobileSlideShow.app				   
            [ROOT/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/]
    MobileSlideShow.axbundle				[ROOT/System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/MobileSlideShow.axbundle/]
    PhotoLibraryFramework.axbundle			[ROOT/System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/PhotoLibraryFramework.axbundle/]
    UISounds		(certain camera sounds)		[ROOT/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/]
    SpringBoard.app					[ROOT/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/]		
    CameraRoll.migrator					[ROOT/System/Library/DataClassMigrators/CameraRoll.migrator/]
    MobileSlideShowSettings.bundle			[ROOT/System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobileSlideShowSettings.bundle/]
    Camera.framework					[ROOT/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Camera.framework/]
    PhotoLibrary.framework				[ROOT/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibrary.framework/]
    VideoDecoders					[ROOT/System/Library/VideoDecoders/]
    VideoEncoders					[ROOT/System/Library/VideoEncoders/]
    Possibly...?
    FILE/FOLDER:					LOCATION:
    PublishToMobileMe.axbundle				[ROOT/System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/PublishToMobileMe.axbundle/]
    PublishToYouTube.axbundle				[ROOT/System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/PublishToYouTube.axebundle/]
    QuickTime Plugin.axbundle				[ROOT/System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/QuickTime Plugin.axbundle/]
    YouTubePlugIn.axbundle				[ROOT/System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/YouTubePlugIn.axbundle/]
    PublishToMobileMe.bundle				[ROOT/System/Library/PublishingBundles/PublishToMobileMe.bundle/]
    PublishToYouTube.bundle				[ROOT/System/Library/PublishingBundles/PublishToYouTube.bundle/]
    Preferences.app					[ROOT/Applications/Preferences.app/]
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by mkblade; 2009-06-26 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkblade For This Useful Post:

Beva922 (2009-06-26), link2009 (2009-06-26)

had to restore the phone last night. somewhere in the process something got messed up. but here's what i did and will have to do again today (sigh)

1. ssh into iphone (duh)
    2. locate/ alter the M68AP.plist with new boolean strings for video-camera, auto-focus-camera, encode-aac, and hiccough-interval with YES
    3. change N82AP.plist and N88AP.plist to correlate and respond to each other (in plist editor, under include>array 1 ordered object
    0 string N82AP do it for each plist)
    4. create folder system/library/AccessibilityBundles
    5. drop in the mediaplayerframework.axbundle, mobileslideshow.axbundle, photolibraryframework.axbundle, preferences.axbundle, preferencesframework.axbundle, quicktimeplugin.axbundle and springboard.axbundle. (the publishto and youtube/youtubeplugin bundles might not be necessary yet as i didn't put them in there, this can either be a step to do or not do, have to mess around with it first.
    6. add the H1ISP.mediacapture files from 3GS to same folder in 3G
    7. migrate the mobileslideshowsettings.bundle, and videosettings.bundle to the preference bundle folder in system/library/preferencebundles
    8. copy the missing H264h2.videoencoder file from system/library/videoencoders

and that's as far as i was able to get yesterday. as i said, it didn't fully work out and i wasn't able to record or take any pictures as it won't let the app stay open. it took me eight tries to get to there by restoring and rejailbreaking my phone over and over. so if you want to try this, know now that you'll have to do that more than once. also, if you don't know what you're doing with these files don't do it, it WILL mess your phone up.

EDIT: here's a snapshot i was able to snag before the app closed yesterday, no more shutter!
    Last edited by rufio; 2009-06-26 at 07:33 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rufio For This Useful Post:

drivesoslow (2009-06-26), giabar (2009-06-28), iMadman (2009-06-26), steveMB (2009-07-23)

Thanks

Default Thnx!
    thnx 4 the info! will try when have time lolz

BtW- Ur Doing Gr8!

Quote Originally Posted by rufio View Post
    had to restore the phone last night. somewhere in the process something got messed up. but here's what i did and will have to do again today (sigh)

1. ssh into iphone (duh)
    2. locate/ alter the M68AP.plist with new boolean strings for video-camera, auto-focus-camera, encode-aac, and hiccough-interval with YES
    3. change N82AP.plist and N88AP.plist to correlate and respond to each other (in plist editor, under include>array 1 ordered object
    0 string N82AP do it for each plist)
    4. create folder system/library/AccessibilityBundles
    5. drop in the mediaplayerframework.axbundle, mobileslideshow.axbundle, photolibraryframework.axbundle, preferences.axbundle, preferencesframework.axbundle, quicktimeplugin.axbundle and springboard.axbundle. (the publishto and youtube/youtubeplugin bundles might not be necessary yet as i didn't put them in there, this can either be a step to do or not do, have to mess around with it first.
    6. add the H1ISP.mediacapture files from 3GS to same folder in 3G
    7. migrate the mobileslideshowsettings.bundle, and videosettings.bundle to the preference bundle folder in system/library/preferencebundles
    8. copy the missing H264h2.videoencoder file from system/library/videoencoders

and that's as far as i was able to get yesterday. as i said, it didn't fully work out and i wasn't able to record or take any pictures as it won't let the app stay open. it took me eight tries to get to there by restoring and rejailbreaking my phone over and over. so if you want to try this, know now that you'll have to do that more than once. also, if you don't know what you're doing with these files don't do it, it WILL mess your phone up.
    Have you thought about decompressing the 3G 3Gs images and then doing a compare to see what files differ?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

FaceBooger (2009-06-26)

Thanks

could their also be a difference in the 3GS compared to the 3G with the file, "com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist" which is only acessible with an actual SSHed 3GS? Because I noticed that file is obviously not present in the dmg however on my phone, when SSHed into, it is there...

[ROOT\private\var\mobile\Library\Preferences]

24. The Following User Says Thank You to mkblade For This Useful Post:

drivesoslow (2009-06-26)

@drivesoslow: has been done by zwaldowski

Comparing 3G and 3GS filesystems

26. The Following User Says Thank You to iMadman For This Useful Post:

rufio (2009-06-26)

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast