Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karesake View Post
    My iphone is Very Slow with ne "New" VideoToogle ... The Springboard Lugs

OK, Ive Overclocked the 3G CPU to 550MHZ! Now the iphone 3G is Fast :-)

INFO: The CPU Type and Rates are located in

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle/com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

Here is my modified file, if you want you can leave it to you purely out / try out. (Is 550MHZ)

Updated File!!!!! More Performance and Better Battery Life
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

this is the reference on over clocking

True. Since I've uploaded it, I've been looking through to try and find the "overclocking"...I can't find anything. In any event, I DO know that my phone is faster and not so hot. Before using the file, my phone used to get really warm. I don't have that issue anymore and the phone does not lug.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok.I download the file and than?What should I do with it or where to copy it?

Do I have to owerwrite the original SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist with the new one?
    Last edited by kmate; 2009-08-04 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rename original to systempowerprofiledefaults.bak and copy the new one. Reboot. you should be ready to go

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just gave it a once over. it's the exact same file in every respect. faster? i think its all in your head.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

aethyreal (2009-08-04)

Be that as it may. Truth is my phone got HOT before and now it doesn't

so its all fake, but can someone ACTUALYL find a way to overclock becouse if they are underclocked then it wouldent matter right

Thanks

hopefully the person that posted that file, will chime in, and shed some light on it

if you search youtube theres a video with "overclocking" that has a link to download a file that replaces the exact plist file as this one, but the one from utube is bigger then 1kb, but i didnt explore or try it

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    so its all fake, but can someone ACTUALYL find a way to overclock becouse if they are underclocked then it wouldent matter right
    ive done alot of research on this, and mostly what i found is everyone thinks its a dumb idea, and wont try it,

the file that has to do with the processor speed is in the boot folder, but when you ssh into the boot folder, its empty. also the file that use to let you mod the processor is a read only file now and has been since firmware 2.0 came out

if i ever get around to turning my desktop into a hackintosh ill see what i can do, but till then hopefullly someone else will be willing to take on this project
    Last edited by rastlr; 2009-08-04 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can someone give a quick summary on what has been done so far. I read through the thread but it's a little confusing with the back and forth going on.

Can we record vids w/ the default cam app yet?
    Can we trim vids w/ the default app? With any app?
    Can we send vids w/ the default messaging app yet?

thanks!

Just wanted to amend a previous post...the overclocking file does NOT work. it was not the file that changed the speed of my iphone. it was the mobile substrate update in cydia. it also killed my winterboard. i can't activate any new themes or deactivate any active themes. sorry about the confusion. thanks to surfingboy and rastlr for taking a close look and letting me know that it wasn't the overclocking file. FYI the one on youtube is a VIRUS!

would changing plist settings make the videotoggle access iphonerecorder or cycorder in the native app? or does that require more extensive programming?
    Last edited by aethyreal; 2009-08-04 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

editing plists only access specific apps, and somtimes point to other apps, but to answer your question, no because camera app was never intended to access ivr3 or cycorder. my questions is, if i reverse engineer the native camera app and post the source code, is it in violation of any laws.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    editing plists only access specific apps, and somtimes point to other apps, but to answer your question, no because camera app was never intended to access ivr3 or cycorder. my questions is, if i reverse engineer the native camera app and post the source code, is it in violation of any laws.
    It's about as bad as posting a jailbreak, and we all know that's ok! I say go for it! When do you expect to be done?

yeah nothings illegal in jailbreaking, look at all those cracked version of apps from the cydia/apps store

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    yeah nothings illegal in jailbreaking, look at all those cracked version of apps from the cydia/apps store
    Are you serious?

If your talking about hackulo.us, etc...

All those cracked apps are illegal...

Hence the reason appulo[dot]us is censored if you type it correctly..

No respectable member of the iPhone jailbreak community supports illegal download of legitimate apps via an alternate source. The only person it hurts are the developers.

However, I don't think that reverse engineering a native app is the same as cracking [for sale] apps and then offering them for free.
    So, it's just a bad comparison in general.
    Last edited by DeeVus; 2009-08-05 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks

hmm, well i'm at a crossroads, because i have the source code for the native camera app. at the same time, i dont' want to get hunted down by apple... they drive you to suicide, or so i've read...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

post it.....theirs nothing wrong with using a source code and modyifying it to "fit" our needs...

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    hmm, well i'm at a crossroads, because i have the source code for the native camera app. at the same time, i dont' want to get hunted down by apple... they drive you to suicide, or so i've read...
    if you got the source code by legal means then yeah feel free to share or tell us the way to get it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeeVus View Post
    Are you serious?

If your talking about hackulo.us, etc...

All those cracked apps are illegal...

No respectable member of the iPhone jailbreak community supports illegal download of legitimate apps via an alternate source. The only person it hurts are the developers.
    Thanks for those hypocritical pointers. Jailbreaking hurts Apple, you going to stop it now? No, because you don't give a crap. And if you think "respectable members" of the iPhone community don't use cracked Apps, better think again.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Ok. I've been using the newest video toggle, but I have a question about MMS. No matter the format, the sent video is received as an audio only 3gp file. I know that some settings in the plist had to be changed to correct the resolution of MMS pics. Does the same have to be done for video? Or, is it that this is still a "work in progress" and we haven't gotten that far?

I tried the auto-focus-camera. i haven't any changes in photo quality. I am going to do a comparison tonite and post pics for review. the "sound effects" do pop up, but your ringtones disappear. The sound effects have the option: speakers, headset, both.
    Last edited by aethyreal; 2009-08-05 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast