Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

@caramello029

i was having the same problem and it was a dumb mistake..i installed video toggle into my tmp folder but there was another video toggle folder inside of the original video toggle folder i simply replaced them and used the one with the files directly in it u know what i mean maybe try that..like when you click the video toggle folder make sure it goes directly to the files and not another video toggle folder
    HIGH QUALITY BEATS FOR HIGH QUALITY ARTISTS

....MYSPACE.COM/GOTBEATS856.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hnic247 For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (2009-08-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy111793 View Post
    oh and check out this other forum, we have competition
    UPDATE: Progress Report…
    it's not competition if we're working toward the same goal. especially if it's gonna be free

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    it's not competition if we're working toward the same goal. especially if it's gonna be free
    right!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to macfan406 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by caramello029 View Post
    Ok. here is where I am at. Once I go to my tmp which just has the drive displayed not subfolders displayed. I copy the folder into the tmp after it has been zipped. Then I am going into mobile terminal and typing the command with the same results. Thanks to those that have helped.

Just for a lil more into. My tmp folder in buried under the the private directory.
    Once you download the zipped folder from the link on page 32 you must unzip it in order to get the folder you need to place in your tmp folder in the root directory of your iPhone.

once you have a folder (NOT A ZIP FOLDER) titled VideoToggle
    You need to SSH into your iPhone and then make your way to the root directory. Normally when you SSH into your iPhone you will not start out in the base or "root" directory. You need to use the SSH client UI to navigate your way to the root of your iPhone. Once your in the root folder you will see many folders one of them will be titled "tmp"
    open that folder and then drag and drop the VideoToggle folder into it.

Wait for the files to be transfered. You may get some error messages or a window asking you to approve or allow the transfer.. accept them or hit OK.

Once the files have been transferred you can close the SSH program on your computer. Then disconnect and turn off SSH on you iPhone.

Now make sure you have MobileTerminal installed (via Cydia)

Open MobileTerminal

type: login
    type the username: root
    type the password: alpine

Now you will be logged into your iPhone as the root user or administrator.

Type the following command to access and run the installer for the VideoToggle that you placed into the /tmp/ folder.

bash /tmp/VideoToggle/install

Like I said before if your still having problems after doing all of this your going to need to provide step by step info as to what you are doing starting with when you download the file so that myself or someone else can figure out where you are going wrong.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeVus For This Useful Post:

I don't know how to edit plist file can anybody show how to enter Boolean value

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hayihs For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone branco145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hayihs View Post
    Download a plist editor, open the .plist and write:

<key>thekeyyouwannaenter</key>
    <true/>

12. The Following User Says Thank You to branco145 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hayihs View Post

to convert "plist" files go to Binary &mdash; XML .plist converter - iAppCat

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pagaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

anyone try this mod with the camera? I wonder if autofocus is set to false that could be a reason for the camera shutter staying closed???
    "
    I also found something that increases the overall performance of your camera. Now, this may or may not work for you, but I actually saw some improvement (I’m pretty sure its not my imagination). Add auto-focus-camera to your N82AP.plist in System/library/CoreServices/SprongBoard.app and then set it to true. Now respring, and check out your camera. It won’t give you the little blue box, but I found it to increase the cameras performance, by slightly reducing blur when you move the camera around.
    "
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hondakorn For This Useful Post:

Nope, doesn't help! It would be way too easy, to be true...

I tried and not working

add this boolean value to the M68AP.plist and go look in settings / sounds will appear a new setting called "sound effects"

<key>piezo-clicker</key>
    <true/>
    Last edited by pagaman; 2009-08-04 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pagaman For This Useful Post:

nikeneeder (2009-08-04)

and whats the point of that one

I've tried the overclocking and it works!!! I used the file on page 32, but pictures don't show up in camera roll. Even after uninstalling, the cammer shutter remains closed. How can I get my camera to function, again?

You Must replace the M68AP.plist in Core Services with the Original one

so about the overclocking, does that damage the iphone 3g, is it okay if i do it, will it over heat, i need help waether ot overclock or not and whats the advantage

24. The Following User Says Thank You to surfingboy111793 For This Useful Post:

aethyreal (2009-08-04)

Can some one post a copy of the M68AP.plist so we have access to it if we screwed up... Like me.

Also what thread shows the overclocking procedure?
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-08-04 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

you cant really overclock the iphone. the only way to do it is by modifying the firmware. and it wouldn't hurt the iphone anyway since apple severely underclocked the iphone. besides the it would eat more battery...

I've been overclocked for a few days. It does NOT heat up, and it performs WAAAAY faster! Even with the video toggle. They say that it is not technically overclocked because the processor was UNDERclocked. So, you just are increasing speed, without overexerting the processor. I will be sure to post any negative changes I may notice!

Does the upload to Youtube work with the video toggle? I've tried, but it freezes at compresssing video. Any suggestions?

Where can I find the auto focus file? Has anyone uploaded it? I would like to test it out.
    Last edited by aethyreal; 2009-08-04 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

on the file that was posted, that claims to be overclocked, when compareing it to the stock file there seems to be no changes, even when you view it in ultraedit, the hex values are the same

so i was wondering wheres the difference is that makes it "overclock"

29. The Following User Says Thank You to rastlr For This Useful Post:

aethyreal (2009-08-04)

Ok, so where's the thread or post about overclocking... seems to be a lot of reference to it in threads, but I can't seem to find the actual thread...
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Could sy give me a short step by steb guide how to overclock the I Phone?Thanks

Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast