Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

has anyone tried installing this videotoggle on OS 3.0.1? i haven't upgraded yet and was wondering if anyone has tried this.
    Last edited by jmnass; 2009-08-03 at 08:55 PM.

Yes I've been using it with 3.0.1 since last night.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

thnx to simplyskate...we now have a toggle for editing our videos
    However, whats the status on the actual project of enabling video recording in the iphone and opening that camera iris..?
    Maybe like consultadrone has done, we should take binaries from the Touch which doesnt require any cpu limitation...

Touch, as of yet, has no camera and therfore no video recording. Next Touch will probably have video recording, but will also have the new processor. So it's a no go!

did we get an option to send video via mms yet? I'm playing catchup on this thread.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

when i attempt to send video via MMS, it sends, but the picture is lost - only the audio is received.

where are the edited videos stored?

That's probably because the receiving phone can't decode the video properly.

MaTiCeK - i sent the MMS to myself..haha. so it was my iphone that didn't properly send and/or receive the video - only audio was sent.

any updates on the toggle or video recording/voice controll

Default Command line
    Hello, all. I have been watching this thread and just recently installed the files that "simplyskate" uploaded. But, I am stuck where do I go and type the "bash"command. I am on a mac. Thanks for any help.

Good jobs guy.

open terminal, you can find that by typing terminal on spotlight, then once terminal is opened go to the very top of the screen and press the category "shell", then press "new remote connection ". then press "secure shell (ssh)" from the little window that will appear. then on the right side of the little window it will show "discovered servers" and your iphone should show up on that list. then when you click on it, go to the bottom of that little window and where it says "user". type ROOT. then it will ask password but inside the terminal window, the password is alpine,

glad i can help, press thanks if it worked

oh and check out this other forum, we have competition
    UPDATE: Progress Report…
    Last edited by surfingboy111793; 2009-08-04 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to surfingboy111793 For This Useful Post:

caramello029 (2009-08-04)

I thought so, but was not sure. So, just type it in with the quotes and all. oh. ya I know. I want jump in and try to if I can. Thanks again.

on the website i posted it says to put in the value auto-focus-camera in the n82ap.plist file but how, i have diffrent options like string bootlean and there is a little chek box next to it, how do i do it?

Hmm.. on an iPhone 2G and so far my issues are thus:

If I record a video with cycorder, I have to disable to toggle then re-enable it (after resprings) to see it in my camera roll

after sending a video file via mms I get a notice in MMS below, followed by 3 sent and or received sounds...

So mms video with cycorder doesn't work yet for me.

UPDATE: Apparently if you have tmobile it sends the video mms to a personal album at my.tmobile.com, I'm curious as to whether it's for all video, or video that's particular format, or if it's video that is over a certain size... I'll continue to pry, but... at least I know it works!... sorta..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0094.png  
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-08-04 at 04:56 AM.

J.D.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (2009-08-22)

I'm trying to enter the command but keep getting "No such file or directory". Copied folder into tmp folder. What am i doing wrong?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to caramello029 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by caramello029 View Post
    I'm trying to enter the command but keep getting "No such file or directory". Copied folder into tmp folder. What am i doing wrong?
    download and unzip the VideoToggle folder from the attachment on page 32 of this thread.
    SSH into your iphone and copy the VideoToggle folder you unzipped from the download directly into the /tmp/ directory which is located in the /root/ directory of your iPhone

Using MobileTerminal on your iPhone type the following:
    login

then you will be prompted for a login name
    type: root

then you will be prompted for a password
    type: alpine

now you should have the root terminal prompt displayed
    type: bash /tmp/VideoToggle/install

the install script will run and automatically respring your phone.

Hope this helps

If your still having trouble please provide a little bit more detailed information as to where you are experiencing problems and the steps you took to get there.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeVus For This Useful Post:

Ok. here is where I am at. Once I go to my tmp which just has the drive displayed not subfolders displayed. I copy the folder into the tmp after it has been zipped. Then I am going into mobile terminal and typing the command with the same results. Thanks to those that have helped.

Just for a lil more into. My tmp folder in buried under the the private directory.
    Last edited by caramello029; 2009-08-04 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to caramello029 For This Useful Post:

Update to my last post:

I tried with video recorder 3g, could send mpg4, but it got re-encoded to audio only 3gp format when I received it. Switched to lesser quality and different camera view format (320x240) and same result, switched back to .mov format, sent with same error as above, but was received as a audio only 3GP file.

Quote Originally Posted by caramello029 View Post
    Ok. here is where I am at. Once I go to my tmp which just has the drive displayed not subfolders displayed. I copy the folder into the tmp after it has been zipped. Then I am going into mobile terminal and typing the command with the same results. Thanks to those that have helped.

Just for a lil more into. My tmp folder in buried under the the private directory.
    it's not the private/tmp folder you want, it's just the /tmp

you need to go to the abosolute root of the file system, that's where you'll find the /tmp folder
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-08-04 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

J.D.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast