Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

Whats new in this "VideoToogle" Update ???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the update has bug fixes if u are haveing problems u need to update and this update adds frames to the videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cocoabean772 For This Useful Post:

karesake (2009-08-01)

Updates are always good. 've installed. BIG THX

Sorry guys just found I uploaded the wrong one. Heres the right link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmmthx...ideoToggle.zip

6. The Following User Says Thank You to simplyskate For This Useful Post:

karesake (2009-08-01)

Okay, I'm going to downgrade back to 3.0.1 and jailbreak. What do I do to get this Video Recording going? Do I Install SBSettings, Cycorder, Reboot, Install the toggle and I should be good to go? How does the toggle work?

If it is off, do I record videos with Cycorder, take photos with the Camera and all is fine? If I turn it on, is that I all I do? I can go into the 'Photos' and have my videos appear in there? Or do I have to respring after I enable the toggle?

After I disable said toggle, do I respring, and continue using my iPhone like before, Camera.app for taking photos and Cycorder for video?

While the toggle is enabled, will I be able to sync my videos back to my Mac using iPhoto?

Probably basic questions but do not want to screw this up!

Cheers,
    Beau

Yes everything you mentioned is correct, however you don't need to worry about respringing as the toggle does it for you.

I am not sure about the syncing I have not tried that myself, but if you can sync images from the photos app, then I am sure you will be able to sync the videos too. If not I could always write a little script to do that for you if you wish.

My iphone is Very Slow with ne "New" VideoToogle ... The Springboard Lugs

OK, Ive Overclocked the 3G CPU to 550MHZ! Now the iphone 3G is Fast :-)

INFO: The CPU Type and Rates are located in

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle/com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

Here is my modified file, if you want you can leave it to you purely out / try out. (Is 550MHZ)

Updated File!!!!! More Performance and Better Battery Life
    http://rapidshare.com/files/26257369...Defaults.plist
    Last edited by karesake; 2009-08-01 at 07:05 PM.

Well, this is an interesting result:

I installed the toggle, "toggled" the video toggle. Springboard didn't respring, so I forced it to through SBSettings. Once "resprung" all my 3PP apps have now disappeared (except for the jailbroken ones that appear to be installed as root). If you open the Photos app, most items now appear with a black thumbnail, with a recently Cycorder video showing up with a black thumbnail, but with a play icon on it. If you play it, it says this movie is not recognized, or something to that effect. Fixing permissions through SBSettings does not resolve the issue.

I've uninstalled the toggle through terminal, resprung the Springboard and fixed permissions. Now all 3PP apps show. BUT, there's a new problem. The shutter won't open in the official Apple camera app.

So, a run down:

• Permissions are altered so that only root programs are seen, when installing the toggle.
    • Videos are NOT editable in the Photos app. And in fact, it appears that with permissions altered, it searches throughout the system and grabs all media and places it in the Camera Roll (however they are not seen because most items show a black thumbnail)
    • After uninstalling the app, the Camera shutter does not open.

I'm sorry to hear that your having problems with this. If you copy the VideoToggle folder to the /tmp folder and issue the command, "bash /tmp/VideoToggle/uninstall" that will reverse all changes made by the program.

Could anyone having problems please post any errors that appear when installing the application, and also what iPhone and firmware you have?

Update:

I'm pretty sure I unistalled the VideoToggle while it was on, so I went ahead and reinstalled and uninstalled it properly.

Issues still persists. Including the shutter not opening anymore.

Time for a restore!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "My iphone is Very Slow with ne "New" VideoToogle ... The Springboard Lugs

OK, Ive Overclocked the 3G CPU
    to 550MHZ! Now the iphone 3G is Fast :-)

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle/com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

Here is my modified file, if you want you can leave it to you purely out / try out. (Is 550MHZ)

Updated File!!!!! More Performance and Better Battery Life"
    How can you oveclock the Cpu?. Could you give us a step by step guide?

Is overclockig harmfull?Doesn't damage the processor of the i phone?
    Last edited by kmate; 2009-08-01 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

it's not overclocking. the processor was already underclocked. what I'm afraid of is my phone going like this:

Quote Originally Posted by kmate View Post

Thanks

Ok well I'm testing things out and I think I found a way to get rid of the still camera so i'll report back of what happens

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikeneeder View Post
    it's not overclocking. the processor was already underclocked. what I'm afraid of is my phone going like this:

how did you do this.. i dont find anything about the clock speed in this plist..

Bug; it's picking up ALL of the ringtones, both stock and standard. As such I have about 999 black squares, and absolutely none in Settings > Sounds.
    I also can't get it to work with my Cycorder videos.

And to finish off it won't respring after it's been turned on, but does when it's been turned off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    Ok well I'm testing things out and I think I found a way to get rid of the still camera so i'll report back of what happens
    look forward to it!! Its wierd that clearcam works fine with the trimming hack enabled....
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    look forward to it!! Its wierd that clearcam works fine with the trimming hack enabled....
    see that what i found out to that clearcam works fine with the hack on so im going to see what is opening the camera on clearcam when its active

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Giles View Post
    Bug; it's picking up ALL of the ringtones, both stock and standard. As such I have about 999 black squares, and absolutely none in Settings > Sounds.
    I also can't get it to work with my Cycorder videos.

And to finish off it won't respring after it's been turned on, but does when it's been turned off.
    That's one of the symptoms that I was experiencing.

Oh well. Time to restore right now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmate View Post

Did this happen because of "overclocking" the phone?Wow! When yes its not worth doing this am I right?

Thanks

just to remind people this is still in the beta stage and befor u install backup your iphone with via itunes if possible.

Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast