Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

idk if this suggestion is good or bad.. but can't one of the coders out there.. maybe the ones that did yxcoder or cycorder... make thesame camera app with thesame layout.. and switch from regular picture taking to vid recording?
    idk it seems very simple to someone who knows how to code.. i wish i did.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No my keyboard is pokey... I meant to say nothing new.. I still have my 3G...

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    idk if this suggestion is good or bad.. but can't one of the coders out there.. maybe the ones that did yxcoder or cycorder... make thesame camera app with thesame layout.. and switch from regular picture taking to vid recording?
    idk it seems very simple to someone who knows how to code.. i wish i did.
    so basically re write the official camera app and have it save photos and videos in the same format as the official app does. That would be just as good
    Last edited by macfan406; 2009-07-27 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i mean, just adding to the MobileSMS.app shouldnt be too hard now. i mean look at what whatshisface did with YourTube.app

exactly, put it as two diffrent funtions, becouse the vdieo editing cancels out the other thigns but if we take the cycorder app, add a stil motion one so we have both and just add the editing part, i really dont mind about the mms as long as we get the other things working?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

HERE IS WHERE WE STAND ON THE PROJECT.

Video Recording

We are pretty close when another poster came up with this idea... Someone who could code an app, could simply re-write the official camera app to use the still camera, and then write code to enable video recording.. This code would look EXACTLY like the OEM 3GS app, and the video-enabled<bool>TRUE</bool> hack in place for video editing. This app would save photos as IMG_XXXX.PNG, and videos as IMG_XXXX.MOV I am not a developer, but i would love to test the solution once found...However, this still will not allow us to send videos to YouTube, or MMS or E-Mail. We would need to port the encoders..if someone from  has source code please share

Voice Control

WE STILL NEED THAT COM.APPLE.VOICEOVER.ENABLED.LAUNCHD!!!! PLEASE SHARE WE ARE SO CLOSE TO A FINAL SOLUTION!!!!!

Accessibility

Let's get video working first..

Compass

Never gonna happen. That is hardware related, unless you wanna stick a magnetometer in your iPhone and probably f*ck it up since it would have no driver...

Other

Another solution would be to re-write the 3GS's restore file so it will restore on the 3G.

Thanks

anyone have any luck on the still camera cuz im still trying to find away to open it back up again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macfan406 View Post
    No my keyboard is pokey... I meant to say nothing new.. I still have my 3G...

so basically re write the official camera app and have it save photos and videos in the same format as the official app does. That would be just as good

exactly.
    just using thesame exact codes of the camera app.. and im sure where the toggle was added u can add a function to it after its switched to video recording..
    when switched cant we add the yxcoder codes so that it will transfer to video recording option.

For Compass go in Cydia ... Search "wiz" .. Install "Steffwiz" ... Search "AllSources" and Install it. Than Search "CompassF" and Install it :-)

Its an Fike up, Looks Exacly like the 3GS Compass

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    exactly.
    just using thesame exact codes of the camera app.. and im sure where the toggle was added u can add a function to it after its switched to video recording..
    when switched cant we add the yxcoder codes so that it will transfer to video recording option.
    could someone please get on this? that would be awesome!!

Also the Compasf is pretty good. i have it. The only complaints i have are it should show GPS data for compass direction. and the location button should map to the Maps.app on the actual phone...

Thanks

the compass is a useless app.. when will u ever use it? lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

not sure.. but we are straying away from the main goal... Again... We are pretty close when another poster came up with this idea... Someone who could code an app, could simply re-write the official camera app to use the still camera, and then write code to enable video recording.. This code would look EXACTLY like the OEM 3GS app, and the video-enabled<bool>TRUE</bool> hack in place for video editing. This app would save photos as IMG_XXXX.PNG, and videos as IMG_XXXX.MOV I am not a developer, but i would love to test the solution once found...However, this still will not allow us to send videos to YouTube, or MMS or E-Mail. We would need to port the encoders..if someone from  has source code please share

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on guys! There is a hefty donation waiting for a solution!

Just got a 3GS. Someone PM me and let me know what files you need from it and I'll get them to you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrgermy For This Useful Post:

Burner911 (2009-07-27)

yes , i would donate alot for that i really really want it

i'll donate too. i'm trying to tweak it at the same time. i've tweaked so many files all games are losing frames now

the person over at the xsellize forum is willing to upload the 3gs voice command file, which one is it so he can upload it??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

/var/mobile/Library/ Preferences/com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd

I think I found a way to enable the video editing without the lense closing. But it would need to be with a mobile substrate add on. But the problem is I dont know how to create it. If theres any developer thats willing to help create it, let me know.

Yeah man whats your idea, I dont mind having a go.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think he wants to trick the phone into thikibg that the phone is running on an arm9 processorr.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast