Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabling BTServer

Default Disabling BTServer
    I saw in memtool that the BTServer Daemon was taking a big 2.5mb of ram and some CPU on my iPhone and I tried to disable it following the method found on this wiki: Bluetooth - The iPhone Wiki

The problem is that when I disable BTServer, my iPhone GUI becomes so slow it's unusable. (some user is reporting the same problem on Macrumors: BTServer process [Archive] - Mac Forums)

Is there a way to disable the BTServer daemon without slowing down my entire phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

2.5MB out of 128MB is not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tatum View Post
    2.5MB out of 128MB is not a lot.
    No offense, but who are you to determine how much free memory someone else wants? According to SBSettings (which may be suspect), my phone usually runs with about 20-25 free MB - so 2.5 would be a 10 percent increase. Is that enough for you?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    No offense, but who are you to determine how much free memory someone else wants? According to SBSettings (which may be suspect), my phone usually runs with about 20-25 free MB - so 2.5 would be a 10 percent increase. Is that enough for you?
    I am a software engineer with 12 years experience just offering advice. One can want all the free RAM they desire, but killing system processes is probably not the best way to look for performance increases.

The memory is there for the system to use. Killing system processes just so you can have 27MB free instead of 25MB isn't going to make your iPhone perform better. Especially when, as it sounds from the OP, that killing that particular process causes more problems than leaving it running.

No offense taken.

Thanx for the reply. Anyway I am thinking about buying the new iPhone at the moment.