Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anybody happen to know...

Thanks

Default Anybody happen to know...
    where the database is for the contacts listed when accessing the addressbook from mobile mail?

Here's the background:
    Jailbroken 1G, 2.2.1

I go to send an email and an address shows up to which there is no contact name displayed, just the email "[email protected]".

In the contact listings it appears as two (2) rows with the first row being blank and the second row the addresds.

There is no similar address listed in my general mobile address book.

I've attempted to find the database through SSH with no luck.

Thanks for your suggestions.

What do you mean when you say: "In the contact listings it appears as two (2) rows with the first row being blank and the second row the addresds. There is no similar address listed in my general mobile address book."

If it isn't your address book, what do you mean by "the contact listings"?
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

Thanks

Default Here's a pic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    What do you mean when you say: "In the contact listings it appears as two (2) rows with the first row being blank and the second row the addresds. There is no similar address listed in my general mobile address book."

If it isn't your address book, what do you mean by "the contact listings"?
    Thanks JD... it was kind of confusing to me as I was writing the question as well so I included a screen pic.

The contact list to which I am referring is when I write an email.

I begin to type a recipient and I get the "[email protected]". This is not listed in my "address book" . Hopefully this helps

-contactlist.jpg.

Ah, I see. It could be that you have an Exchange account set up on your iPhone. If you have, the Mail application also displays mail addresses from the address book of the Exchange account (e.g. your company's mail address book, or if you have Google set up as Exchange for syncing the calendar, maybe from the address book in your Gmail).

Can that be the case? Gmail is known for adding lots of mail addresses to its address book without asking...
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    Ah, I see. It could be that you have an Exchange account set up on your iPhone. If you have, the Mail application also displays mail addresses from the address book of the Exchange account (e.g. your company's mail address book, or if you have Google set up as Exchange for syncing the calendar, maybe from the address book in your Gmail).

Can that be the case? Gmail is known for adding lots of mail addresses to its address book without asking...
    Hmmm... I don't have an Exchange account set up. I do have Gmail but only have 3 contacts, none of which have any connection to the mystery listing. Not a big deal having it, but I just wonder where it appeared from and why it doesn't show on my address book.

Thanks for your ideas.

In that case, I don't know what it is. Anyone else?