Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Textedit and Preview

Exclamation Mobile Textedit and Preview
    Well lately ive been messing with MobileFinder and ive discovered that the Textedit and Preview plugins(the names tell u what they do :P) havent been ported to 2.2.1 so ive tried lookin through the .app folder for both of em and openein some files with notepad but i cant find anything that says EXi dunno what it actually says) "1.1.x", "1.1", etc etc. Im lookin for the part in the code that tells the app that its for FW 1.1.x and not 2.x.x so dont run. Anyone have any ideas how to make this run.

Here are the links to where u can download the plugins....
    mobiletextedit - Google Code
    mobilepreview - Google Code

BTW i kno about FWChanger but i dont wanna do that, i actually wanna somehow port this/mod this into fw 2.x.x.

Thanks

If porting to 2.x were that easy, it would already have been done. There are real, large differences between the 1.x and 2.x firmwares, and that's why programs for 1.x generally don't work on 2.x.

Fortunately, recently iFile came out (Cydia). It's a free file browser/viewer and text editor. It has many more functions than MobileFinder (and Docs) and generally works much better. Warmly recommended.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).