Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone "SAVE STATE" possibility?

Default iPhone "SAVE STATE" possibility?
    This is a bit of an odd question.

As simply as I can put it, is there any way/possibilty of a way, of implementing a "SAVE STATE" with the iPhone's main settings/display.

What I'm thinking is related mainly to themes and plugins. With all these lovely iNav themes coming out that require all the webclips and very specific icon placement, theres a lot of work involved in setting them up right. Then you have things like Five Column Sprigboard, Five Icon Dock and Five|Rows which are brilliant but not always suitable for the theme your running and therefore need uninstalling/reinstalling depending on your current look.

Obviously it would be very useful to be able to have an app possibly that creates a "backup" (as it were) of the current state/setup you have, ie; all your icon and webclip placements.
    This way you could switch between say an iNav theme and a standard theme without having to remove/add all your weblcips or constantly move icons around.

Personally I change my theme often-ish and sometimes I have to use Categories (as with iNav) to get the right look, but I assume this "save state" idea wouldn't be possible with Categories. I'm not sure.

Anyways I just thought I would see what everyone thought of the idea and if anyone had any idea on making this a possiblity? My only thought was to try and use Chronus but I'm not sure it would work. I will give it a try now and report back!

Oz

you can edit the M68AP.plist in springboard.app then put it in your theme

when you want the layout to change just apply the theme and go to settings/general/reset/reset homescreen layout

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

paulosman (2009-04-20)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be great. I would really love the Save State to work on my Roms too :P

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    you can edit the M68AP.plist in springboard.app then put it in your theme

when you want the layout to change just apply the theme and go to settings/general/reset/reset homescreen layout
    Thanks for the quick reply. This sounds like a great promising idea. I was just wondering if you could clarify something tho;

I've got the M68Ap.plist file from 'System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and opened it in PLEdit but it seems to be the default iPhone factory layout. Is the layout I currently have (using iNav Final) stored anywhere?

I understand the general concept of what you suggested. I'm assuming by having a modified M68AP.plist file in with the theme it will override the default one when the theme is running in WinterBoard, hence applying a custom layout. Is that correct?

Oz