Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Working Fido ipcc for MMS and Tethering

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Working Fido ipcc for MMS and Tethering
    I tested it but Lighter made it and Supanatral was helping also in the process. What you need to do is hold Shift and select update in iTunes and located where you saved. Then go to Settings/General/Network/Celluar Data Network and Edit APN to the following and it will work. I called and verified with a Fido rep that this APN setting will use your iPhone data with internet and email

APN
    internet.fido.ca
    Username
    fido
    Password
    fido

Fido_ca.ipcc

I upgraded to 3.0b3 and then added this fido_ca.ipcc file. I can't access the control panel settings page (it just crashes back to the home screen) but:

• tethering is working
    • MMS shows the photo icon and i can take photos. it errors out trying to send them though.
    • Visual voicemail is working

is there something I could change in the carrier.plist file to get MMS working? thoughts?

Thanks

I get the same issue myself since I upgraded, hopfully Supanatral can fix it, he said he will try.

man u guys are geniuses making all these things work

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I get the same issue myself since I upgraded, hopfully Supanatral can fix it, he said he will try.
    I got it working a few days ago. It is a simple as adding a few user editable booleans in the carrier.plist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Zehlek (2009-05-01)

Exclamation Adding to IPCC file?
    and how do you edit that file? I have been trying to get this to work for some time!

Default works with 3.0b4
    and how do you edit that file? I have been trying to get this to work for some time!
    I just updated to 3.0b4. Tethering, VVM is working and i don't think MMS is..

The control panel doesn't crash when i try to access the Cellular Data Network panel but there is nothing in there either.

just find the file, on the internet. There's no need to edit it. you need the Rogers.ipcc or the Fido_ca.ipcc or whatever carrier you are using. Someone has made one.
    Last edited by mellenger; 2009-04-30 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Thanks BUT?
    I am running Beta 4 already. and also itunes 8.2 beta but I want to be able to send mms... that is what I was inquiring about. sorry! I assumed you got MMS working also!

I think there is one floating around that enables MMS at the expense of visual voicemail. not positive on that. Is MMS an extra charge on rogers or fido?

Thanks

Here is an upadated Fido ipcc file that does have MMS and Tethering working. drrules made it on another board but Cellular Data Network is still blank if you go into it. Just remove the .zip at the end and it works when updating.

HERE
    Last edited by Zehlek; 2009-05-03 at 03:25 AM.