Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: convert web clip to application?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default convert web clip to application?
    Is there any way to convert a web clip to an application, so I can give them custom icons for different themes? I know how to change the default web clip icon but this is a pain to do every time I change themes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you mean you want to take the icon from a webclip and apply it to an Application?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, basically I want to be able to apply summer board themes to web clips. After looking at the web clips via SSH all web clip icons are named icon.png. So I figured the easiest way to be able to apply summer board themes to a web clip is to some how convert the web clip (i.e. a simple browser launch to a specific page) into an application. But I know nothing about how to set up an application like that.

SSH your iPod. Go to /private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips, inside will be folders named with a series of numbers and letters, open one up, right click and open the icon.png file, this is so you know which webclip you have, create the logo you want to replace it, save it as icon.png and then just replace the one already in your ipod, repeat for all webclips

You can use some of Erica's tools to do this - I think there may be a web page that creates web application buttons as well...
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Green Apple
    Thanks

Netmage is correct there is a website out there that automatically converts the image you upload as a icon.png on your Home Screen. I looked around for a couple minutes on google but didnt find it, I did stumble across it though a while back I should have bookmarked it ..

same here wish i bookmarked it

ah found the site for making your own wep clips its http://clipalizer.com/
    Last edited by kamikazi4; 2008-04-16 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think this is the website you guys were referring to.. i could be wrong

http://www.jonsthoughtsoneverything.com/iphone_apper/

is this the site you're looking for? iclypso.com
    Blurb.

iSpazio has one they call 'Apply Maker' but I never could get it to work.

another thing on the web clips that I have an issue with. I have found multiple ways/sites to add custom icon to the bookmarks on my home page which is very useful. I have a problem or at least a thought anyways.

I use Categories to keep everything on my Springboard cleaned up. I cannot add the web clips or bookmarks on home screen to a category. So I have a few category folders on my home screen and all the bookmarks I have added to my home screen that I would like to organize into their respective categories.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by sr20_00; 2008-05-27 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost