Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extracting 3.0 features?

Default Extracting 3.0 features?
    What's probability/possibility in extracting some features from the beta firmware to use in 2.2.1?

For example: Mail.app/Notes.app for landscape, Messages.app for MMS, YouTube for account support, Stereo Bluetooth profile/preferences, etc.

I realize some things are flat-out not possible (additional API functionality), but it would be nice to have these few features on hand.

Thanks

Just wait a couple of months. No?
    To live, you have to lie

=[ the .apps won't work?

Thanks

Try it!
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

fuuuuuuu!!! what is it with all these 3.0 threads going on?!? I mean yeah, we understand that it was released to the developers, but c'mon, what makes you guys think that we have all the knowledge and support for all these questions?!? just wait the few months until it is officially released.

the guy - shutup

indian cheese - the chances are slim to none, if you have months of time on your hands maybe but by the time you do it if you do it it will be publically released

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    the guy - shutup

indian cheese - the chances are slim to none, if you have months of time on your hands maybe but by the time you do it if you do it it will be publically released
    you just proved my point on what I was talking about... a lot of these things that people are asking about CANNOT be done yet, which is like you said...
    by the time you do it if you do it it will be publically released

All I'm saying is if you put Notes.app from 3.0 into an iPhone with 2.2.1, will it work?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    All I'm saying is if you put Notes.app from 3.0 into an iPhone with 2.2.1, will it work?
    LOL If it was only that easy my friend =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    No it will not. Each firmware has different frameworks from the previous. It will not work, and even if it would the 3.0 filesystem has not been decrypted (aka jailbroken) yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    No it will not. Each firmware has different frameworks from the previous. It will not work, and even if it would the 3.0 filesystem has not been decrypted (aka jailbroken) yet.

3.0 was jailbroken the first day it was released to dev's

the jailbreak's been publicly out for a day. but it doesn't matter, the frameworks are different. the new features are much, much more complicated than you may think. it's not like we can copy and paste apps from 3.0 into 2.2.1 and have all of the features. truth is, the app won't even open!