Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I use the bluetooth on the iPod Touch for VoIP?

Default How can I use the bluetooth on the iPod Touch for VoIP?
    I am already loving the bluetooth feature and use it all the time for listening to music and I tryed using Fring and Nimbuzz for calling over Skype and it hasn't worked for microphone usage. In fact, using those clients sometimes shuts off Wi-Fi and I have to go back to the home screen for it to turn back on. I would love to know a client that can do bluetooth for calling already on the iPhone and if you needed to configure it first before it worked so I can test that. If that doesn't work, I would like to see a mod that can solve this issue, or know that the SDK has something in it that will allow microphone usage and the apps I've been using just need updated.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced!

I think you need to re-write your post it doesn't really make sense...

iPod Touch 2G has bluetooth unlocked in iPhone OS 3.0 Beta.

I love using it for listening to music on my bluetooth headset.

But I want to use VoIP with the bluetooth headset.

Which means microphone usage.

I would like any current iPhone users who use their bluetooth headsets currently with VoIP, to tell me what app they use and if they needed to configure the app to do it before it worked.

I also would like to know if the iPhone 3.0 SDK now has some APIs or something similar that allows full bluetooth usage including microphone usage for iPod Touch 2G users.

If anybody knows about this already and has a mod or can make a mod so that microphone usage works for bluetooth, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by jason.ace; 2009-03-21 at 09:09 PM. Reason: .