View Poll Results: Did it work for you?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 64.29%
  • no

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Working Rogers Tethering under 3.0 -- Carrier bundle attached

You don't need to to do the updates.

I don't know why the file supplied by Matrix35 didn't work, but the one done up by these guys works great. If you're having the same endless crash/reboot I was having, the one at the end of this tweet may work for you. Thanks again Matrix35!

Twitter / CapnCapacitor
    Last edited by Tensenki; 2009-03-20 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

when i unzip the file i get a folder called payload with Rogers_CA.bundle in it… i dont get any Rogers_CA.ipcc file. Any reason for this?

for those interested, Tensenki's point to the twitter to ppl who are much better than I am... so please use their files it would be best

btw, if you don't want to go through the whole posts to find the link here it is, again credit goes to CapnCapacitor's twitter and apparently adammcnamara (from what I gathered on that link)

http://tinyurl.com/deqbm4

I'm updating my OP to reflect the new link. Thanks Tensenki!

Default With Fido, just updated to 3.0
    Can any of you guys see MMS or send it, when i open up a new text i dont even see the photo option. But it is enabled in messages settings.

Need help Thxs

USB Tethering works, but I noticed my Visual Voice Mail Stops working and bluetooth still not working with these files for Rogers, 3gIphone running 3.0 (legit developer) MacBook Air late 2008 which I understand from reading other posts has a problem with bluetooth stack....tried to connect and then gives network busy too many devices error message... not too worried about bluetooth but it would nice to have tethering and visual voice mail working...any suggestions? Thanks kindly.

Are you on Rogers?
    how did you get it to work! I have tried the entire day doing it and i Cannot get it to work? ive been reading articles saying that usb doesn't work but bluetooth does work for tethering.. and it works for european carriers but i cant find a boundle for rogers . So how did you do it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Karmaworld.
    Try calling voicemail a few times. It should prompt you to put in your password. Then start working.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Everything WORKS!!!
    Guys,

I have made a file that has everything working.. no need to change anything.. MMS, VM, TEATHER, INTERNET... name it... it works.!!!!Msg me if you want it tested and works....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lighter For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much, it worked perfectly!!

I upgraded it to the 3.0 firmware, i did the whole rogers carrier upgrade and also installed the package that it came with and i was able to tether via usb without any problem at all. When i do it Bluetooth way it gives me an error. I followed instructions, paired it and everything, but when i go in my macbook -bluetooth-devices/myiphone 3g /connect to network -- having my iphone tether on/via bluetooth ... it gives me this error..
    "Bluetooth Network failed.
    Failed to open a connection to the network service. Your device may have reached its maximum nummber of supported network connections."

So i don't see how the BLUETOOTH way works.

Thanks..

USB way works perfectly.

The Fido doesn't work for MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by lighter View Post
    Guys,

I have made a file that has everything working.. no need to change anything.. MMS, VM, TEATHER, INTERNET... name it... it works.!!!!Msg me if you want it tested and works....
    Can you get me the IPCC file for Fido that has MMS enabled? Thanks.

Here ya go! this is for rogers with mms enabled. Here's all you have to do:

install this, then under the network settings for carrier data network, type this:
    APN: internet.com
    user: wapuser01
    password: wap
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by supanatral View Post
    Here ya go! this is for rogers with mms enabled. Here's all you have to do:

install this, then under the network settings for carrier data network, type this:
    APN: internet.com
    user: wapuser01
    password: wap
    Can you do a FIDO one please?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrix35 View Post
    try this for fido
    Thanks. Have you got MMS to work? I have 3.0 Beta 2 and I'm with Fido. I can't get the camera to appear to be able to send any and I have MMS set to on.

I'm going to try and get it working for you. I'm in touch with Matthew98 and hes going to be the one to test it out first then it'll be posted

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supanatral View Post
    I'm going to try and get it working for you. I'm in touch with Matthew98 and hes going to be the one to test it out first then it'll be posted

lighter is working on one with myself also, so far it stays on sending and it has been 20 minutes but no error.

Thanks

I sent it to your email. Lighter made it and it just started working, just rename the zip to ipcc and go into settings/General/Cellular Data Network and put in the following settings to APN and you can still use internet with Safari but I don't know for sure if you will be using your iPhone data or not but I believe you will.

internet.fido.ca
    fido
    fido

Hi there,

I've tried the Ipcc for Rogers ( with rogers sim) and the Fido Ipcc (with Fido sim) and i cannot for the life of me get into the Cellular data page.

The phone crashes everytime.. Tried to restore again and again.. no dice!

Are you suppose to do something before updating??

thanks so much!

Works great on Bluetooth for me, thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast