Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limit time for New Mail Notification

Post Limit time for New Mail Notification
    One of the reasons I got an iPhone was to get my work email, but I didn't want email alerts at 3am. So I wrote a simple shell script and launch daemon to turn on and off the alerts at times I specified (and weekends). Eventually I'd like to develop a gui so you don't have to SSH to change the time but that is a bit off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for this, I was waiting for something like this as there are no schedulers/profiles apps that control my email notifications and sounds as simple as this. There are apps but I don't like installing apps that may slow down my iPhone.

The file that you attached, are the times set from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm? So all I have to do is make changes to these times? Thanks

mokeiko

First for your question: Yes, the times are set for 8am and 5pm, so all you need to do is modify those in the .plist file and reload it through launchctl.

Second: the code I posted yesterday sets the property correctly, however the mobilemail application was not picking up this changed property. I've updated the code (attached) so that the mobilemail application restarts and picks up the property change.

Third: What apps are there that do this, I could not find any...
    Attached Files Attached Files

yes plz gl in making this an app