Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: De-localize the iPhone/iTouch

Default De-localize the iPhone/iTouch
    I just got a message in Cydia that said something like "Running out of space, delete photos and videos to free up space". I'm sure that's not the exact message, but close enough. It gave me a thought, though. I'm fairly certain that I'll never use the Chinese keyboard or the Korean language on my iTouch. So, is there a way to de-localize it. I want to remove all the localization and language files that I'll never use. I'm sure that would free up a decent amount of space on the root file system. Has anyone ever tried this before?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Not answering your question directly, but have you looked into BossTool? Your files shouldnt be harmed and it just moves them to the other partition and then you will have extra space in the partition that is almost full...

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Not answering your question directly, but have you looked into BossTool? Your files shouldnt be harmed and it just moves them to the other partition and then you will have extra space in the partition that is almost full...
    Cydia does that by default. It moves your Applications, Themes, Ringtones, Wallpaper folders. It doesn't move the Fonts folder, but I did that on my own and that freed up about 80MB. My main point now is that I really don't like wasting space on localization files that I will never use. I'm wondering if it will do any damage if I just go in and delete the localization files manually. I'll hold off on that, though, until someone can let me know that it won't mess up my iTouch. I really don't feel like doing a restore right now.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)