Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: linux on the iphone

Thanks

Default linux on the iphone
    If anyone ha sdone ther research they would no that there are people trying to put linux on the iphone as a duelboot like boot camp for mac's. Now I have done some resaerch and ubuntu is working on a mobile software linux program and as I have seen we do have some coder's here and well if you can take this program that uses touch screen and other stuff that you can read in the link that I post and figure out a way to put it on the iphone than you will be god im sure but here it is and see what you can do ok people I would love to have this on my iphone IDK if this is what they wanted to do but it's one step closer and it uses the touchscreen and thats one of the main problem's they are having right now.

Ubuntu MID Edition | Ubuntu

See what you can do with that

There already is a team of people working on putting linux on the iPhone, but it is a long, long way from having a GUI. At the moment, the are almost no linux drivers for the iPhone. Its a bit more complicated than just doing a normal linux install like you would on a computer. Check out iPhoneLinux.org. Right there on the homepage, it shows you their overall status.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

Ya i no that they are working on it snd i have checked up on it i just didnt no if that ubuntu that they are working on would help with anyof the drivers or not because they have touch screen on it and blutooth anything a cell phone has wouldnt they just haveto direct everything where it is

Different part, different drivers. You can't simply stick drivers from that Ubuntu installation on there and expect it to work!
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

heh, good thought but for us to get touch working on the iphone we will have to reverse engineer the apple software to figure out how it works, but we are in the process right now

unless that ubuntu thing is made for the iphone it will be almost no help

Thanks

danm well i figured i would atleast try to help and see what I could come up with I mean ofcourse I'm not any kind of program writer at all but I found that and was like hey maybe this would help but o well i guess not I don't know what detail intails writeing linux for the iphone all i knew is that they have touch screen support I didn't know if you could combine the files somehow but o well it was worth a try right I am just learning so much at one time about the iphone lol alltho thats what i do I have hacked psp's as well but Idk I love hacking things for the simple fact the people that make the stuff don't have te right people on the dev team should i say all this that everyone wants could have all ready been integrated into the iphone except the right flash support but you no how they are if they give us to much at one time we wont more and more but damnit from some of the cydia apps I have seen they need to hire the right people like clippy that is awsome and how it works is the best yet it could be touched up a little bit it is genius apple dosn't have the right people on the dev team but let's see what they give us for 3.0 they better have something more than carrier updates or less droped calls that don't work lol

Better to try and fail than to never try at all. Who knows, maybe if more people tried, we might already have Linux on the iPhone.

By the way, when you write a post, especially a really long one, can you try to add some punctuation and better grammer? It makes it very hard to read when everything runs together.

Thanks

ok ya i no what you mean and sorry for the writting im not very good at it but ill start