Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install Music on iPhone by itself

Default Install Music on iPhone by itself
    First off, Hello everyone, I'm here to try and figure out a problem - a challenge if you will. I jailbroke my iTouch Second Generation and I have been having a lot of fun. I got the Bit Torrent client and downloaded some music with it.

However, there is no way to "install" that music except through iTunes. Of course, this is no big issue, I was right next to my computer. I just FTP'ed in, took the music off the iTouch, and then synced it all up with iTunes, Voila! Problem solved.

But that only works when you are with a computer, and perhaps only a computer that you are synced too. I'm wondering, is there some way to get the iPod to see the music, without ever touching a computer?

From what I have learned, iTunes is megaly stupid and uses a specific naming method with a XML (I think...) Library, so simply pasting the music in the folders won't do it (I know, I tried). So, I'm hoping there is a way, or a developer who wants a challenge, to put music from other places on your iTouch, into the music folders.

I think media players like VLC could play the music, and the Torrent Client (Torrentula) itself has a media player, but it would be nice to condense everything and only use 1 media player.

So, is there a way to do this? Thoughts? Comments?

Uh dude... Wtf is an itouch

itouch = ipod touch... same stuff

anyways.... try mewseek, I think it does what your looking for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

if you're looking for something to work from a computer and copy music.

use iFunBox

its free and works great

i-FunBox | File Manager and Hi-Speed Transfer Tool for iPhone and iPhone 3G (iFunBox Download Page)

you could try a cydia app called mewseek
    supports downloading and installing music to the iPod inside the app

im sorry, but an itouch is something i have never heard of before. It also sounds extremely disrespectful to apple.
    VISTA SUCKS!! MACS PWWWWN!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazit101 View Post
    im sorry, but an itouch is something i have never heard of before. It also sounds extremely disrespectful to apple.
    Have you been living in a cave? I've heard iTouch WAY more then iPod Touch in the real world, and online...it's just a quick nickname. I don't think it's disrespectful to Apple at all... It's just a company's product, this is not a matter of life or death whether someone uses a nickname or not.