Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone Number formats linking to addressbook

Default Phone Number formats linking to addressbook
    I recently unlocked by iPhone in Australia and have been frustrated with the US phone number format. I have been able to edit the ABPhoneFormats.plist to display Australian number format when dialing a number but I have been unable to get the incoming call number formatted to match anything the address book understands so all incoming calls are just listed as a number (#### ####) so they don't link to my addressbook as all my address book numbers are in +61 # #### #### format as I travel a lot overseas and this saves having to dial the +61 all the time.

Any ideas?

CTB

I'm sure you tried running off international support, or turning it on if its off.

International support? The only option I can find on the phone that is even remotely international is to enabel Time Zones.

CTB

Quote Originally Posted by ctb View Post
    I recently unlocked by iPhone in Australia and have been frustrated with the US phone number format. I have been able to edit the ABPhoneFormats.plist to display Australian number format when dialing a number but I have been unable to get the incoming call number formatted to match anything the address book understands so all incoming calls are just listed as a number (#### ####) so they don't link to my addressbook as all my address book numbers are in +61 # #### #### format as I travel a lot overseas and this saves having to dial the +61 all the time.

Any ideas?

CTB
    I'm having the same problem! All of my calls come up with 04 or 02 numbers, and I have no idea who they are. All I can do is re-enter their number in without the +61. Quite annoying, since I always enter country codes in too.

PS - where can I find the plist tutorial for formatting?

u guys may modify the /System/Library/Framaworks/AddressBookUI.framework/ABPhoneFormats.plist
    copy ur country code to us

Does that mean that numbers in a +44 format will show the name stored against them when the person calls?

I changed all my numbers from '+44' to '0' format and when I get an incoming SMS it shows the number, NOT the name. But when I get an incoming call, then name (and picture) are shown.

Default number Format on Iphone 1.1.1
    I've done the upgrade to firmware 1.1.1, but bow I can't find the ABPhoneFormats.plist at /System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBookUI.framework/

There is just the ABURLFormats.plist file. Does anyone know where is the plist file for the Number format on firmware 1.1.1

tks

/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/

UIPhoneFormats.plist

Iphone ver. 1.1.1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

macchap (2007-10-22)

Default change $ symbol to euro symbol
    does anyone know how to modify or include the euro symbol in the qwerty keyboard???

Quote Originally Posted by Nikke73 View Post
    hi this link isnt working... does anyone know of a new way to do it?
    im desperate!!!
    im on 1.1.4 btw...