Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locate sent email log

Default Locate sent email log
    hey guys i really need you help. i sent an email the other day but im not sure if it got through or not. i might have, but then the emails i sent after didn't work so im thinking there is a possibility that the first didnt go through. seeing as how that was the really important one, and i don't want to have to sent out another and look stupid, i was wondering if there was a log in the iphone that would tell me if it went through or not. i have not turned the phone off since nor have i synced it. im thinking maybe somewhere in the root folders there is something but i don't really know where to start looking. any help would be much appreciated. PPPLLLLEEAAAAASSSEEEEE HEEEELLLLPPP

Look in /var/mobile/Library/Mail/[your mail account]/Sent Messages.mbox/Messages and see if there is a file that was created at the time you sent that message. If you open it (in a text editor) you can verify it.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

im using my hotmail account and it doesn't have a sent mail folder, just inbox and trash

How is that account set up: IMAP, pop? (This can be checked in Settings... Mail, COntacts, Calendars... the account)
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

All my Pop accounts have a sent mail folder, so my guess is then that the sending failed. I'm not completely sure (the specifications aren't publically available of course), but that would be my best guess.

well for whatever reason, it turns out i cant send emails out. my phone cannot connect to the smtp server. i checked the spelling on the setting and cannot figure out why it wont connect.

Make sure you have the right port selected (sometimes the default, 995 or something, isn't the right one). Also try with and without SSL security to see if that is the problem.

Some smtp servers will only send mail when you're connected to the Internet through their network. That's another thing that may be the case.