Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Reassign Home Button - SBSsettings

  1. #1
    Question Reassign Home Button - SBSsettings
    Hi all, running 2.2.1 and looking for a SBSettings way of reassigning the double tap on Home button? Does anyone know of anything?

    I tried running appflow, but it just shows the launch screen and doesn't work past that.. so that is not an option...

    Any other solutions, other than manually editing the plist?

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arg.
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonessk View Post
    Any other solutions, other than manually editing the plist?

    hello

    do you know how mod the plist ? i need run mcleaner ( a program) on double tapp , i have 2.2 firm.

    THANKS !!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rootrmt View Post
    hello

    do you know how mod the plist ? i need run mcleaner ( a program) on double tapp , i have 2.2 firm.

    THANKS !!!
    You can modify /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist. Look for the part where it says <key>SBDoubleTapURL</key>. Right under that, you must enter the identifier of the application you want to start, like this:
    <string>doubletap://identifier</string>
    You can find the identifier in the application's folder in the file Info.plist. It looks like com.apple.mobilephone (the reverse of an internet domain name).

    It may be necessary to turn the phone completely off and on again after the change.

    For editing plist files, see my signature.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

  4. #4
    The easiest way to edit your double-click home button feature is to download Supreme Preferences from Cydia.

    Once downloaded, activate it in WInterboard. After the respring, go to Settings > General > Home Button...

    From here you can select any app that you have installed on your iPhone (including SBSettings and MCleaner for the above two posts) or use any web address... it is very easy and there is no SSH-ing required

  5. #5
    ^^^you may have to ssh to find the bundle identifier to assign it though.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

  6. #6
    I'm hoping to find a non-winterboard way of doing it, as I don't run winterboard..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonessk View Post
    I'm hoping to find a non-winterboard way of doing it, as I don't run winterboard..
    See post #3 above. It's easier than it looks.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

  8. #8
    why the hell dont you use winterboard?

    it does not slow anything down (noticeably)... quickgold, sbsettings,backgrounder and such do

    appflow only works on 2.1 and below.. unfortunately

    supreme prefs is the easiest way as of now

  9. #9
    Thanks I will check it out again.. used winterboard a while back and seem slow and glitchy...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonessk View Post
    Thanks I will check it out again.. used winterboard a while back and seem slow and glitchy...
    Winterboard DOES eat up a lot of resources. I stopped using it and will never go back unless the next iPhone has the same processor as that beastly iPod touch 2G.

  11. #11
    i have not noticed a difference at all, and i cant understand how you guys do

    i will never stop using winterboard... EVER!!

    it is one of the main reasons i jailbreak

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arg.
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    You can modify /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist. Look for the part where it says <key>SBDoubleTapURL</key>. Right under that, you must enter the identifier of the application you want to start, like this:
    <string>doubletap://identifier</string>
    You can find the identifier in the application's folder in the file Info.plist. It looks like com.apple.mobilephone (the reverse of an internet domain name).

    It may be necessary to turn the phone completely off and on again after the change.

    For editing plist files, see my signature.

    Its Works, but when use Poof (for hide the icon of mcleaner) Not works
    But if i put in double tap of the program bosspreff (in the option put doubletapping), and hide the icon of bosspref, bosspref work perfect hide in double tap ..

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •