Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tap to unlock app help......

Default Tap to unlock app help......
    I have the tap to unlock app for my lockscreen, i was wondering if theres a way to edit the text.

use customize.
    go to edit system strings.

Customize isnt working, anyone else having problems?

you need to edit the strings located in the plists. which tap to unlock are you using?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Not sure, i got it off cydia. i think its "a better tap to unlock"? how do i go about editing the strings in plists? pardon my ignorance btw.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowpoints View Post
    how do i go about editing the strings in plists? pardon my ignorance btw.
    Edit /Library/Themes/[name of theme]/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/[language].lproj/SpringBoard.strings. (See my signature for ways to edit it).
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

Edit /Library/Themes/[name of theme]/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/[language].lproj/SpringBoard.strings. (See my signature for ways to edit it).
    I did that and this is what came up;
    "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "";
    "SLIDE_TO_ANSWER" = "" ;
    "SMS_LOCK_LABEL" = "" ;
    "POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL" = "" ;
    "SLIDE_TO_CANCEL" = "" ;
    "SETTING_LANGUAGE" = "" ;
    "SYNC_IN_PROGRESS" = "Syncing..Unlock To Cancel" ;
    ...where do i edit the text "tap to unlock"?

create a new string underneath all those

"SLIDE_TO_UNLOCK" = "";

Didnt work. Basically what i want to change is where it says "tap to unlock" on the lock screen, to, "play all day"
    Last edited by hollowpoints; 2009-02-07 at 06:02 AM.

Didnt work. Basically what i want to change is where it says "tap to unlock" on the lock screen, to, "play all day"
    I wonder how the theme got the text there in the first place. Are you sure you're looking in the folder belonging to that theme?
    If you are, could you give the exact name of the theme, so I can take a look?
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

yea im looking in the right place. the theme is "a better tap to unlock" got it from cydia.

Customize isnt working, anyone else having problems?
    Customize is working.

yea im looking in the right place. the theme is "a better tap to unlock" got it from cydia.
    Right. The theme uses pre-formatted "tap to unlock" bar images (see below). So to change the text, you'll have to change the .png images and put your own text in them. The images are in /Library/Themes/A Better Tap to Unlock.theme/Folders/TelephonyUI.framework.

iamnintendork
    How did you get that number battery indicator thing on your status bar?

How did you get that number battery indicator thing on your status bar?
    There are several ways to do that: SBSettings --> More --> Extras; any of the Extended Preferences packages; directly setting the variable SBShowBatteryLevel to True in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist.

with tap to unlock you have to edit the image that is in place of the slider ssh into your fone go to library/themes and take the tap to unlock folder and put it on your desktop you can now find the image you need to edit from that folder now use any image editor and blank out the pre existing text and add your own now put that in place of the original in the folderand name it the same thing put that into the same directory in your fone respring

Default lol
    He means he wants the actual tap to unlock button to say play all day... You need to make one using photoshop which i have done for you hope u like......

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -new.png  

people should specify a little better what they want....

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    with tap to unlock you have to edit the image that is in place of the slider ssh into your fone go to library/themes and take the tap to unlock folder and put it on your desktop you can now find the image you need to edit from that folder now use any image editor and blank out the pre existing text and add your own now put that in place of the original in the folderand name it the same thing put that into the same directory in your fone respring
    I like it when people read a thread before posting to it...

thanks for all the help guys.

Having another problem, i made this png image to replace the "tap to unlock" button and now its a left handed slider docked on the bottom of the screen. i put the image in the right folder and named it correctly. i want it just the be exactly where the "tap to unlock" button is and be able to tap to unlock it and not have it be a slider. here is the image.
    Last edited by hollowpoints; 2009-02-15 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast