Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyway to Get Quick Reply for Default iPhoneSMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Anyway to Get Quick Reply for Default iPhoneSMS
    Maybe a MobileSubstrate plugin??? I think this is what every one has been waiting for!

Without using a third party app...

no. not right now anyways. irealsms is WAY better than the default app and the dev is open to all feedback and corrections. well worth 10 bucks any day
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Run iRealSMS and just use the real SMS client... You'll still recieve the quick reply pop-ups.

Same with MySMS. If you don't want the icons to be filling your springboard because you don't use them hide them with Categories. However I am really enjoying MySMS right now. Great stuff.

^^^thats not gonna help unless you buy irealSMS. or else its just gonna send out that demo message

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont think those other Text Message Apps are too good on RAM consumption, thats why I was thinking it would be better to have quick-reply on the Native SMS client, so you can have more free memory to use.. to run things like beejive im in the background without it force closing because you only have 5-10 Mb of memory left.

when i have irealsms running and the option to NOT run it in the background i show 41 mb of available memory i have no issues with quick reply crashing apps anymore. the thing that was killing my phone was that fastnote thing for SBsettings. that for some reason took up like 30mb of memory. give the updated irealsms a try. i love it

ANY MobileSubrate plugin (has to, to work) runs in the background and therefore eats some ram.

So, your still gonna be using additional ram, just to have the quickreply.

But yeah, I use iReal and love it.....WAY better than the stock app.

iRealSMS for the world!!!! and ever since the dev got that test iphone updates have been coming out like crazy to fix all the bugs. i love it. best 10 bucks i ever spent on ANY app. i really dont notice any battery difference with ireal as well which i expected with quickreply but no difference. im telling you guys...go with ireal

I don't think this guy was looking to be convinced that ireal is better, but just quick reply with the default app... I too want this because altho ireal does have a large number of features it isn't as clean and as simple as the default app... So does anyone know of a way that this could be possible?