Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customize and smb on 1.1.4?

Default customize and smb on 1.1.4?
    Is there a way to get those apps working on 1.1.4? Or do we have to wait until they release a new version? Thanks

Thanks

I'm currently using SMB with 1.1.4 but Customize said it wasn't compatiable...My guess is we will have to play the waiting game on this one...

Install iSpazio to your sources he has some SMB and Customize patches

I guess you probably need this as well: repo.ispazio.net
    Last edited by speedycar; 2008-03-03 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to speedycar For This Useful Post:

rabittat (2008-03-14)

I got smb working. But customize won't install. And the patch to get customize won't install. Even the patch says requires iphone 1.1.1 to install.

Quote Originally Posted by hasteveha View Post
    I got smb working. But customize won't install. And the patch to get customize won't install. Even the patch says requires iphone 1.1.1 to install.
    What version of customize are you trying?

I had a similar problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had customize working on 1.1.4 until I re-jailbroke with ziphone 2.5.... Now, it doesn;t work. Any help would be awesome.

Ok not sure what its called but there is a patch you can download from the installer that will make your phone 1.1.3 to all software and the use Customize 1.21(Custom),2 from Skylar.

Mine works 100%

Thanks

I get it installed fine, that's not the problem. I had it working flawlessly when i jailbroke 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.4. However, I had to restore and ended up re-jailbreaking using Ziphone 2.5. Now, Customize does not work. I have no problem getting it installed, just running it. It pulls up the spicy chicken splash and stays there for a couple seconds, then quits to Springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    I get it installed fine, that's not the problem. I had it working flawlessly when i jailbroke 1.1.4 using Ziphone 2.4. However, I had to restore and ended up re-jailbreaking using Ziphone 2.5. Now, Customize does not work. I have no problem getting it installed, just running it. It pulls up the spicy chicken splash and stays there for a couple seconds, then quits to Springboard.
    Yeah I know that the exact problem I had...Trust me it works with this version!!

Thanks

Um, that's the version I've used since I got on 1.1.3. And No, it doesn't work. Thats why it's a problem. If the modded and recompiled version by Sklyar worked, I wouldn't be asking for help. Thanks tho.

Only difference I see is that I don't use the app that makes the phone think it's 1.1.3.... I just change the SystemVersion myself, however that shouldn't make a difference as that's what the app you're speaking of does anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When you apply the 1.1.4 compatibility patch from iSpazio, you can install not only summerboard but also customize. Restart your iphone (turn it off) and when it boots up Customize will work. At that point you should uninstall the patch. I have 1.1.4 and have no problem with any 1.1.3 programs, though I can't find iBlackjack anymore nor iAno.

Thanks

/sigh.... I'm aware. BUT I CHANGED THE SYSTEMVERSION.PLIST IT DOES THE SAME THING. I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM INSTALLING THE APPS, I'M NOT THAT STUPID. I CANNOT HOWEVER FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET CUSTOMIZE TO WORK!

As for iBlackjack, it isn't being made anymore since he is waiting for the SDK. He took it off of installer, he wrote a post about it on his blog.

As for iAno, it's been renamed to Pianist.

Thanks

This happened to me on 1.1.3 and all I did was restart the app a few times, restart the phone, and try a few more times and it worked. Hopefully it will work with you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stan_the_man_123 For This Useful Post:

fatman123 (2008-03-06)

Thanks

I've unfortunately been trying for 3 days or so... with no luck.

Where is Ispazio's patch located? I don't see one...

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alias00 View Post
    thats the point... this ispazio link was given a few days ago as a source for installer and although it is a valid source there is "No customize patch" in there. I've checked several times for nearly a week.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Same here...i can't find it?

:/ I got my Customize to work:
    1) Jailbreak your phone.

2) At this point you have two options. A) You can ssh into your iphone and open the /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersi on.plist and change the version part of it from 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 . Or you can B) install the 1.1.4 to 1.1.3 change versions download. This will do the exact thing as ssh'ing into it. At the current moment I forgot were this source is, however I DO KNOW it exist. Will update with link in a few hours.

3) Download the "Orginal" customize. DONT RUN IT.. Once installed, exit installer and go back to installer after sliding slider ect.

4) Unistall customize "Orginal"(DO NOT RUN IT). All were trying to do it create the folder.

5) Then download customize 1.1.3 edited/modded using this source repository (up to date as of 03/09/08), type http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml (Took along while to find) .

6)After it installs restart the iphone, and click it. It will load, make sure to keep tapping the screen while it shows "Spicy Chicken".
    Last edited by ads1230; 2008-03-14 at 08:10 PM.

I don't see it either and I downloaded the right source??? HELP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    To get Customize 1.1.4 add the source below in the Installer.app. In the install list look for Customize 1.1.4 and install that one. Be sure to uninstall the previous Customize app before you do this.

It's works great.

http://iappcat.com/r/2840
    Try this.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iFilipino For This Useful Post:

ipirate (2008-03-27)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast