Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to have 2 different wallpaper?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Possible to have 2 different wallpaper?
    When I tried kate on my 2G iphone running 1.1.4 there was an option to have two different wallpaper. One on the lock screen and one on the home screen. Is there anyway to do that on 2.0 with out kate? Thanks

If you're using winterboard, you can use the wallpaper that comes with the theme and then your custom wallpaper for the lockscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfreak View Post
    When I tried kate on my 2G iphone running 1.1.4 there was an option to have two different wallpaper. One on the lock screen and one on the home screen. Is there anyway to do that on 2.0 with out kate? Thanks
    I would love this too without having to install Kate. I wanna use my own two different wallpapers for both theme and lockscreen.

^As stated on the above post (Sept 11)....you can use Winterboard to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^As stated on the above post (Sept 11)....you can use Winterboard to do this.
    And if I don't want to use the theme's wallpaper but rather my own? And yet another for my lockscreen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrkay View Post
    And if I don't want to use the theme's wallpaper but rather my own? And yet another for my lockscreen?
    Copy whatever picture you want into the themes folder (create a new folder) and label it wallpaper.

Here are the steps I use:
    1. Apply the image I want for the home screen as the lockbackground.
    2. Open mobilefinder
    3. Go To /var/mobile/library
    4. Copy LockBackground
    5. Go to /library/themes
    6. Paste it in the folder(I previously created a folder called MyBackground)
    7. Rename it wallpaper, and activate it in winterboard.

There is probably a much easier way to do it, but this is how I do it most of the time. I bought Kate when it worked well on 1.1.4, but rarely install it on 2.2