Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bunch of 1.1.3 fixes for Australian iPhone owners

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Bunch of 1.1.3 fixes for Australian iPhone owners
    Greetings all

Been reading the forums for while, first time posting!

After restoring my iPhone to 1.1.3 (a countless number of times), I'd find myself spending way too much time applying patches/fixes to satisfactorily "Australianise" my phone. Which drove me up the wall. So I did something about it - I whipped up my own repository, and threw my fixes into packages. Without further ado, we have my repo:

http://users.tpg.com.au/gillnsg/repo.plist

Feel free to add this source to Installer, feel free to try out the fixes. Just a note, most of these fixes are for Australian users.

Here's what I have so far:

1.1.3 Caller ID Fix:
    Contacts show up correctly in your address book and text messages. Area code numbers (eg. +61 412 345 678) + non area code numbers (eg. 0412 345 678) that are the same get merged (they don't show up as two different entries). Works on 1.1.3 only.

1.1.3 Timezone Fix:
    Sets correct permissions so when a timezone is changed, the settings are saved (basically a chmod a+w /private/var/db/timezone/ for those who don't fear terminal!). Works on 1.1.3 only.

Australian Phone Format:
    My 'neater' version of Australia's phone formatting. Area codes are enclosed in braces (), mobile and landline numbers have proper spacing (04## ### ### and #### #### respectively). Works on 1.1.2/1.1.3.

GPRS Icon Mod:
    This mod isn't Australian specific, but will definitely come in handy if you are with a carrier other than Telstra (eg. Optus/Vodafone). It replaces the blank GPRS icons with a 'G' alternative. Let's face it, blank squares suck. Works on 1.1.2/1.1.3.

Weather Icon Fix:
    Again, not Australian specific. Lets you change the weather to be displayed in Celsius, whilst also allowing Summerboard to theme the icon properly. Works on 1.1.2/1.1.3.

All of these mods/fixes backup the stock firmware files that are modified, so uninstalling will bring your phone back to its original state.

I've tested these fixes on my phone, and 3 others all running 1.1.3 (combination of updated and restored to 1.1.3).

If these apply to you, by all means try them out, and I'd love some feedback. Any other mods that I should throw up that just save time?

Thanks for your time,

gillnsg

P.S Where's this bloody SDK?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gillnsg For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2008-05-20), MattMac (2008-02-26), nickh (2008-02-26), phatphob (2008-03-14), Wayno (2008-02-26)

Thanks

Nice job, Will give it a bash, Hope the timezone fixes the SMS's all out of order.

Cheers mate,
    Nick.

UPDATE:

Nice work on these mate, Worked like a charm, installed GPRS as you said nice to see the block changed.

Also the Time-zone fix, Do you know if this will repair, the time stamps on SMS's being all out of order, i can seem to fix it.
    Thanks given
    Cheers,
    Nick.
    Last edited by nickh; 2008-02-26 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for some feedback.

From what I gather, you just have to specify the correct Timezone under Settings->General->Date & Time (for me it's Melbourne).

By default it's Cupertino, so to change it, flick 'Set Automatically' to OFF, then change the Timezone to the city of your choice. You can either set the time manually, or flick 'Set Automatically' back to ON. That should fix it (I tested it just now, sort of :S).

Let us know how it goes, cheers,

gillnsg

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey man, great fixes. I haven't tried them yet but I sure as hell will! Just need to restore and jailbreak my phone again, problems you see, lol.

I'll let you know how I go when I install them. =]

And for nickh, make sure the time is right on your computer. The iPhone automaticly pulls that time if when it syncs. If your not sure of the time try setting it from one of your message times or using the internet time feature of your computers clock. Works for me. =]

Thanks again man,
    Matt
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Good work The Caller ID and GPRS icon issues have been annoying the hell out of me. Now I can rest easy
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

great thanks!

HELP !!

I update my ifone to 1.1.4 this moring ,and its been unlocked ,JB,AC, with ziphone2.5 ,the onlything i need is the mod for OZ Caller ID FIx ,??
    thnk u

I was about to ask the same thing as buckles... Has anyone tried the caller id 1.1.3 process on a 1.1.4?

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevo View Post
    I was about to ask the same thing as buckles... Has anyone tried the caller id 1.1.3 process on a 1.1.4?
    Yeah I have. Works fine. Just have to change your SystemVersion.plist down to 1.1.3 if it gives you an error.

Matt.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    Yeah I have. Works fine. Just have to change your SystemVersion.plist down to 1.1.3 if it gives you an error.

Matt.
    and how do we do this?

um whirlpool has a scoruse that fixes
    aus number support
    aus carrier support (disable call fordwarding alerts)
    aus number formating

i installed all 3 and it even gives me sexy telstra logo

does any one hace teh telstra mms setting

p.s. im drunk will post scourse if any one in keen when sober and would love swirmly mms settings for telstra

Hey, thanks for the fixes.

Have an issue still with incoming SMS in that the number is not matching up to the name in contacts all the time.

Is there something else I should be changing or a different fix/patch to overcome this?

Using 1.1.3 unlocked on the Optus network.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RJ.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks for this, it was really helpful

these are awesome and used them on my 1.1.3
    my question is do any of them work on 1.1.4?
    rob