Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Emulator Help!!!!!

Default Emulator Help!!!!!
    So i have jail broken my phone, 1.1.3. I also installed the PSX and GBA emulators to my phone. The problem is I cant make the /var/root/Media/ROMs folder to install the ROMS onto. Ive tried installing iphone browser, but every time i open the program, it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. Ive also tried installing Finder on my phone, but when i try to create a new folder in that section, no folder is created.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??? REALLY NEED HELP!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

idk wut OS ur running if its mac i cant help u but if its windows heres wut u do,

get total commander here, http://www.techspot.com/downloads/30...commander.html

then get the iphone plug-in here, http://t-pot.googlecode.com/files/T-PoT.1.1.zip

then install total commander, and go to the still zipped add- on folder and unzip it using Total Commander and it will install,

the just go to the / directory(youll see it) and click on t-pot, and it will bring u to the var/root/mobile/media/ folder and thats where u create the folder,
    if u need to put files anywhere else in the iphone just put them in the var/root/mobile/media/ folder and use molbile finder to move them to thier proper place,

it seems like a lot of wrk bt i had the same problem myself, i culdent get any of the file transfer programs to wrk bt i did trial n error kinda thing n came up w/ this method. lemme no if it works out,

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

alright i installed total commander, and i put the unzipped tpot file on my desktop. I opened total commander and on the right-hand side window thing, i zipped the tpot file. it asked me to install and then says

"installed file system plugins"

i can either hit "add, remove, rename, ok, or cancel."

not sure what to do now

ok i managed to put t-pot in the right hand window and went under network neighborhood to get inside. when i start it, its already under ~/Media. and i dont know how to get to var/root/mobile/media/ from here
    Last edited by swatguym4; 2008-02-20 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Well firstly i made a typo, the roms folder actually goes in var/mobile/media u r already in var/mobile/media and as far as i know now all u have to do is create ur folder and transfer your files in and u shold be set. tho i use nes so im not sure if its exactly the same bt it shuld be,

if it absolutly dosent show u any roms then u hve to put the folder in var/mobil/media and use mobilefinder to then transfer the folder to var/root/media, so lets see wut happens b4 we get into tht, keep me posted,

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

ohhh okkk
    ill try to install some ROMs and see what happens

you wouldnt happen to know a site where i could find psx or gba roms do you?

just pm me if you do