Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 problems.. does anyone know how to help me??

Thanks

Default 2 problems.. does anyone know how to help me??
    1 problem is my notes and maps on my iphone don't work? Somehow at one time I think I had deleted them, and a freind sent me the links, and how to drag them to iphonebrowser to get on iphone. The icons are now on my screen, but, when I go in them, they don't work? It has the little icons on maps, but, can't press them and they don't do anything, it just waits a few seconds, and takes me back to homescreen, so I guess those links that I dragged were missing something? I guess maybe it was just the icons link, that were sent to me? Not sure, but, something missing there!

2 problem, is on the Guides here on MMi, to be able to put my voicemails onto my computer, it says to

"you can use iphoneinterface.
    Navigate to /var/root/Library/Voicemail"
    You should see numbered files (1.amr,2.amr...etc) for as many voicemails you have. And then you should also see Greeting.amr.

I don't know where that is though, I thought maybe doing it through Iphonebrowser,so, i follow to /var/root/library/voicemail, it doesn't say anything in that window?? The 1.amr, 2.amr, etc, is not in there, there is nothing at all? What exactly does it mean by iphoneinterface??

So anyways, if there is anyone out there, that can help me on any one of my problems, or both, that would be awesome! Thanks a bunch guys, and have a great week!! Muuuaaahh!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

1. Since you've copied the programs from another source, you likely need to set the permissions again.

2. You will only have voicemails on your phone if you're with AT&T and using the Visual Voicemail service.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2008-02-19)

Thanks

Thanks,Eurisko,
    Ohh ok, I see, as far as the permissions, I will look on this site to see how to change them, I am not sure how to do that, so I will keep reading here, and see if the instructions are under guides or somewhere on this site.

And as far as the voicemails, yeah, I'm with t-mobile, so I guess I can just hang on to them on my phone?? I will just make sure not to delete them, and see if maybe one day, some app will be made for that later. They are pretty important voicemails, so I really need to keep them for a few months.

Hey, I really appreciate your help, thanks a bunch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    And as far as the voicemails, yeah, I'm with t-mobile, so I guess I can just hang on to them on my phone?? I will just make sure not to delete them, and see if maybe one day, some app will be made for that later. They are pretty important voicemails, so I really need to keep them for a few months.

Hey, I really appreciate your help, thanks a bunch.
    No probs. What we all really need is a phone call recorder. Hopefully Erica will get the hint and update VoiceNotes.

Oh, just a thought, why don't you get a male to male headphone jack, plugged into the mic port of your computer and record them that way. Or, if you have the money, get the iPhone audio/video adapter...
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-02-19 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2008-02-19)

Thanks

So I used Squid, and set my permissions for the notes to 755, and it worked perfectly, and set it to maps, and maps.png, but when i go into maps, it just still goes back to homescreen? I set them just like I did for the notes?? And notes, works perfect? Anything I am missing

Hmm.. kinda confused, but, hey I now know how to set permissions! Yaaay!! hehehe
    But, if anyone knows what I am missing, please help.

This is what I did, I went into squid, applications,maps.app, then changed the permissions to 755 on maps, and on maps.png

Is that correct, that is what a post said to do?? Well, thanks again for all your help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

try changing the permissions of everything in the folder ??
    perhaps you should restore and start over, i know when i fumble something on my phone its best to start from scratch
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."