Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help me ssh my iphone

my winscp keeps saying connection timed out, and i know i have the righth IP for the iphone

Default help me ssh my iphone
    so, i just jailbroke my iphone with the new ziphone break. it works flawlessly. but i cant seem to be able to ssh into my iphone. I have open ssh running on the iphone also. i am using winscp on winxp pro

my winscp keeps saying connection timed out, and i know i have the righth IP for the iphone

i just rebooted the iphone and it says connecting to host and then it just hangs till the winscp says host not responding
    Last edited by madrog; 2008-02-14 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im on a mac ssh is a hit or miss for me, its only yesterday i found i could ssh 100% of the time when my iphone was cable connected. (itunes off). Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shockdude For This Useful Post:

pillzny (2008-03-02)

Default ssh on your phone
    try renew the lease from the settings/wifi
    a tutorial also here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to condor304 For This Useful Post:

pillzny (2008-03-02)

if it's just a connection timed out problem you can try this

Open WinSCP, edit your connection, go to Connections on the left pane, then Timeouts on the right and increase it to 60 seconds

the first log on with SSH is supposed to take longer than normal.

This worked for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madrog View Post
    so, i just jailbroke my iphone with the new ziphone break. it works flawlessly. but i cant seem to be able to ssh into my iphone. I have open ssh running on the iphone also. i am using winscp on winxp pro

i just rebooted the iphone and it says connecting to host and then it just hangs till the winscp says host not responding
    The first time (especially after jailbreaking) you run SSH, it takes about 30 to 40 seconds to create pairing keys. WinSCP WILL timeout. Use a command line program like putty.exe which will not timeout. Or change the settings on WinSCP for a longer timeout period.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I have the same problem as the topic creator. I have installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH onto my iPhone and followed all of the topics I can find on this issue. I still cannot connect to my phone vie WinSCP due to the "Connection Timed Out" Error.

I have tried increasing my server response time to 60 seconds and restarting my phone but nothing seems to work. I do notice however that when I change the response time the error message pops up within 25 seconds, not the 60 that I change it to.

Any suggestions? And what is putty.exe?