Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyway to edit iphone to start a program on startup?

Default Anyway to edit iphone to start a program on startup?
    Hi is there anyway to edit one of the iphones files or create a script which will startup the locateme app on iphone startup, and then close this app once it has done its thing finding the towers? Because then i would need to run this app everytime i reboot my iphone, in order to use the google map locate feature.

Thanks, i know nothing of iphone coding, but hopefully someone here can help, i do have a little coding experience in other types,
    james

Did you activate your iPHone through iTunes (att, o2, etc.)?

IF SO!!! Sounds like what you really need is to fix the locateme feature rather than run the app... If you are not concerned about reinstalling 1.1.3 then I would reinstall/jailbreak it using the official method and installer source from the DevTeam and replacing the lockdownd mod at the end if needed. This jailbreak automatically has everything working (to an extent, I still had to link some things for iphysics, books, etc. to get them working but then.. thats just the pitfalls of 1.1.3)

This is the method I would recommend to ANYONE updating their iPhone to 1.1.3 as I have tried many. It is very in depth and accurate and works like a charm if performed correctly. 1.1.3 Jailbreak method

If you are not using ATT i'm not sure if this method works as it specifically says about 5 different times that the method is for itunes activated phones only.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 2008-02-11 at 05:56 PM.

No i am using an o2 payg sim in my phone so this method won't work. This is why i have to use the locateme app to get the locate function working.

Thanks,
    james