Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change the iPhone text on the Slider?

HELP i got windows and i did what you said about changing the text on slide to unlock and now it say away_lock....... and when i power it of it says power_down_ca can someone help me please idk what to do do i reboot it please say no

Turtle,
    Use the file above from JedixJarf and upload it to the folder. This will revert back to the original.

However, I am having trouble using WordPad. I changed the extension to plist, but it still looks like hieroglyphics. I found "slide to unlock" and changed it, but it wasn't my text. It showed "away_Lock..." I thinkit was a default message if the original is missing. I know this is an editing problem, can anyone tell me why Word Pad is not reading it correctly?

No worries. I followed my own advice. It seems when I downloaded the file from this website, it worked. When I downloaded from my iPhone, it didn't. Don't know why, but problem solved.
    Last edited by chad5059x; 2007-09-09 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Windows
    Can anyone help me out on how to do this for a windows computer? i have read the other posts and i am getting the same result. "Away_Lock..."

how do you access the files from the ipod in the first place
    none of the jailbreak or any other software has worked

please?
    Last edited by mirosengren; 2007-11-16 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mirosengren View Post
    how do you access the files from the ipod in the first place
    none of the jailbreak or any other software has worked

please?
    get a program called iphonebrowser . This will allow you to browse the files on your phone.

Yeah, I wonder too which program all the PC users can use instead of BBedit?!

Thx.

i still can't change my slide to unlock...not sure what the problem is...! i've found it...changed the text but it's still not changing!

Just use Customize. It's about 50 times easier, and 90 times faster.

Reako

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

iitycoocii (2008-01-13)

YEah thanks...90 times faster...guys use customize to change the slide to unlock to whatever name you want...open Customize and go to SpringBoard Strings and scroll down to the last one and there you just click in it and change the text and that can be don to any of the other ones....

Cheers!

Not an option for foreign language users.

Got it now. just have to change the springboard.plist file and copy it back to the iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    I got it, thanks a lot!!
    Last edited by apercele79; 2007-11-24 at 10:38 AM.

NM figured it out.....delete me
    Last edited by DoubleD; 2007-12-02 at 06:19 AM.

i cannot find this text, im running 1.1.2

For windows users... Change the extension from plist to strings, open with Microsoft Word, edit the text you like, save the file, change the extension back to plist, upload using iBrikr...

This should work. ChEeRs

everytime i try it changes to "AWAY_LOCK..." ive read through but dont understand what im leaving out is it bc of 2.2? okay i got it to change but when i get a text it says SMS_CLOSE SMS_REPLY why did this change?
    Last edited by nmass; 2009-02-01 at 04:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Editor for windows
    If you are using windows, use a property list editor like this one

http://download.cazisoft.com/pledit.zip

Then open up the springboard.strings file. It will display it like an XML file. Much easier to edit

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n3m3sys For This Useful Post:

jodielynn (2009-08-23), rwpeary (2010-01-16), theguy386 (2009-03-26), uvbeenbit (2009-02-14)

pledit is simple and easy to use. Thanks for posting the link.

Ok, I used the posted file, modded what I needed to and installed the file via Disk Aid and now my calendar doesn't show the day on it. I can put the bone stock file (that I copied off the phone) back into it and everything is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC636 View Post
    Ok, I used the posted file, modded what I needed to and installed the file via Disk Aid and now my calendar doesn't show the day on it. I can put the bone stock file (that I copied off the phone) back into it and everything is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian
    I'm in the same predicament. Let me know if you come up with a fix for this? This is the only problem i'm having!

Adam

I use CuteFTP PRO and I can go to /Library/Themes/Your.theme/bundles/com.apple.springboard/eng.lp/springboard.strings

I can right click on the file and edit it and change what it says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast