Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3-International Caller ID Fix?

:S it did not work for me. Theres no international settings for Maldives. Our number format is +960 123 4567 (+9601234567). I'm new to these stuffs and i have searched over the internet for almost two whole days. But it doesnt seems to solve. Please someone help me. Im goin crazzy here.

TheHK: I work in my island and not male' and im not a very sporty guy. lol

But nice that u met a nabbe in maldives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHK View Post
    Yup, it worked for me on 1.1.4.

Just install Region Patch (1.1.4) from the iClarified source (http://installer.iclarified.com)
    brilliant, worked like a charm, for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by nabbe630 View Post
    :S it did not work for me. Theres no international settings for Maldives. Our number format is +960 123 4567 (+9601234567). I'm new to these stuffs and i have searched over the internet for almost two whole days. But it doesnt seems to solve. Please someone help me. Im goin crazzy here.

TheHK: I work in my island and not male' and im not a very sporty guy. lol

But nice that u met a nabbe in maldives.
    I do not think you need to enter your country's name. I'm assuming your problem is in SMS where the name and number sometimes don't match because of the +960 prefix correct?

Try also installing the AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) from the iClarified source (add http://iclarified.installer.com in installer)

rmaisano- glad it worked
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

unfortunately for me , i install the region patch and app support for 1 1 4 but doesn't work for me
    Country code +216
    any idea please i'm tired of searching this sms fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Nightmare all over again!
    Quote Originally Posted by trevo View Post
    Anyone tried on 1.1.4?
    I had an 8G 1.1.1 and worked perfect, no call forwarding message, the #### #### was right, and numbers matched with names.
    Now on my 16G 1.1.4, the numbers don't match, especially when recieving SMS.

Please someone help me with this. Many thanks.

Thanks

try insatlling the repo from iClarified think they have some things on there that will help you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    try insatlling the repo from iClarified think they have some things on there that will help you
    Thanks, iclarified has some files, but not for 1.1.4. Tried the 1.1.3 and no luck. I'm searching file by file on every G. dawm folder to see if I recognize the format of the previous file (although different in name)

Any more help, much appreciated.

hi i am using apple mac and i cannot download the file. could you please help me by sending a link to my email

[email protected]

i am using mozilla and safari for web browsing

I'm using 1.1.4 and installed both patches and neither one works in Mexico. Does anybody know of a way to manually fix this or of another patch that will work in Mexico.

Thanks inadvance and since this is my first post I also want to thank the people responsible for this webpage, it has been very useful.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Default This works...
    Im on 1.1.4 and I had that same problem; I just installed the AppSupport patch for 1.1.4 version 1-3b6 (there's a new one just now) and the Region Patch and they work perfectly. I strongly recommend that anyone outside the US that has # to name probs. or # format probs. intall those patches. Works for me, very likely they'll work for anyone. Good luck!

Default solution
    Ok, I got it to work, in case anyone from mexico is having problems and are using a PC

First install both patches, AppSupport patch 1.1.4 and Region Patch. Then with Winscp or whatever program you use to access the files on your iphone you go to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/Support and copy PhoneNumberTemplates_2.plist and make a backup in case you screw up the editing.

(I dont know if we're allowed to post live links)

Then on your computers web browser you go to:
    hxxp://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    (just change the x's for t's)

Upload your file and it will tell you to save the file. Save it anywhere you want, preferably on your desktop since its faster to access.

When you've done that go to the donwloaded file and right click, open with, and select Internet Explorer and you'll see this

Now right click and select view source and it'll open a notepad file that looks something like this.

Now search (ctrl+f) for mx and scroll to the right untill you get to where the arrow is pointing

and your going to copy the code below. Just make sure that you are in the correct place, right after </array>[] . On the picture the square looks like a 0 but its a square. Otherwise it will not work.

Code:
    		<key>SubscriberNumber</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>########</string>
    		</array>
    Once you've done that save the file and click refresh on the webpage. Search (ctrl+f) for mx and scroll down a few lines and you should now see this.

And that's it.

This should probably work for anybody in any other country that is still having problems after installing the patches. You just have to find your country and go to the same place, but in your country. Just change the #'s to the amount that are required to make a local call for your country.

This is my first time writing a guide so I'm sorry if I'm not very clear. If you have any questions send me a pm, please don't send me emails.

Ancira
    Last edited by ancira; 2008-04-04 at 08:54 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ancira For This Useful Post:

mengo (2008-04-23)

app support patch and region patch work like a charm. i'm using WaridTel in Pakistan.
    thanks iClarified!

Quote Originally Posted by ancira View Post
    Ok, I got it to work, in case anyone from mexico is having problems and are using a PC

First install both patches, AppSupport patch 1.1.4 and Region Patch. Then with Winscp or whatever program you use to access the files on your iphone you go to /System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/Support and copy PhoneNumberTemplates_2.plist and make a backup in case you screw up the editing.

(I dont know if we're allowed to post live links)

Then on your computers web browser you go to:
    hxxp://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi
    (just change the x's for t's)

Upload your file and it will tell you to save the file. Save it anywhere you want, preferably on your desktop since its faster to access.

When you've done that go to the donwloaded file and right click, open with, and select Internet Explorer and you'll see this

Now right click and select view source and it'll open a notepad file that looks something like this.

Now search (ctrl+f) for mx and scroll to the right untill you get to where the arrow is pointing

and your going to copy the code below. Just make sure that you are in the correct place, right after </array>[] . On the picture the square looks like a 0 but its a square. Otherwise it will not work.

Code:
    		<key>SubscriberNumber</key>
    		<array>
    			<string>########</string>
    		</array>
    Once you've done that save the file and click refresh on the webpage. Search (ctrl+f) for mx and scroll down a few lines and you should now see this.

And that's it.

This should probably work for anybody in any other country that is still having problems after installing the patches. You just have to find your country and go to the same place, but in your country. Just change the #'s to the amount that are required to make a local call for your country.

This is my first time writing a guide so I'm sorry if I'm not very clear. If you have any questions send me a pm, please don't send me emails.

Ancira
    thanks ancira for your work...worked like a charm
    I sorted out my 1.1.4 caller id problem by your instructions...
    Azerbaijan was not formatted, so I made some additions
    Actually I tried to do same but could not open files in proper format...

Thanx again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12