Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Five Icon Dock? Any Ideas?

Default 1.1.3 Five Icon Dock? Any Ideas?
    Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone had managed to get a five icon dock working with 1.1.3? I had modded my 1.1.2 one, but I just can't seem to get this working on 1.1.3.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hey...

Well, editing the M68AP.plist will not work anymore.
    since you can also drag apps fróm the dock in official 1.1.3 it will be very hard to achieve this..

Cheers Johnny Crash

definitely summerboard & customize would do this but it's not updated for 1.1.3 yet. you can't even install these apps when you're on 1.1.3.

i found a way to install these apps. use FINDER and go System/Library/CoreServices, there's a file called "SystemVersion.plist". use the mobile text editor and edit the text "1.1.3" to "1.1.2". go to INSTALLER and SummerBoard & Customize should install on your phone.

restart your phone to activate SummerBoard. i went back to the text and edit it back to "1.1.3" because i'm not sure if my phone will get jacked if i leave it at "1.1.2".

i noticed in SummerBoard only the ICONS and minidock works. the wallpaper does not change neither does the dock.

in Customize, you can change the images like the sliders, battery and weather and all of that but when you go to modify the dock or to give more than 4 icons on the dock, it is UNSUCCESSFUL.

Is there a work around on getting springboard wallpaper, dock and more than 4 icons on the dock???

any ideas, guys (and gals)?
    Blah Blah and Blah

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had a five icon dock on my 1.1.2 also.
    I loved this feature since i hate having my SMS icon in the top left.

I can't wait until customize works with 1.1.3!

So with your method most the stuff works?

wow. quadruple double posts.

anyways, on customize, everything seems to work except for changing the dock and the more than 4 icons on the dock.

on summerboard, the icons work. that's all i think it's happening. no wallpapers, no dock, no 4th row removed, no removal of icon names.
    Blah Blah and Blah

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait any more for this.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

I don't see any way to make a 5 icon dock. It seems that apple now stores the springboard rows and cols in a matrix that is 4 x 4. The dock is just a single row of a matrix. If you edit the display list and add a 5th item you crash springboard. BTW, the display list is no longer M68AP.plist. Customize will still edit this file. It just won't do anything.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

well that sucks. i love having the 5 icon dock when i was on 1.1.2
    Blah Blah and Blah

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I liked having the five icon dock as well...specifically for SMS.....Xlauncher was my method of choice to achieve this but erica post she wasn't doing anything with xlaunch any more because of 1.1.3.......I know theres someone out there that can bring this much desired feature back....pleeeease

Yes the lack of a 5 button dock has made me sad as well Right now Im using a 3 icon dock and a modified version of Glassorb dock to fit 3, but man would I love 5 again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    I don't see any way to make a 5 icon dock. It seems that apple now stores the springboard rows and cols in a matrix that is 4 x 4. The dock is just a single row of a matrix. If you edit the display list and add a 5th item you crash springboard. BTW, the display list is no longer M68AP.plist. Customize will still edit this file. It just won't do anything.
    What does the N45AP.plist do?

Would it be possible to change the Apple 4x4 matrix to a 5x5 matrix? While we might not necessarily want 5 to a row icons, if it meant getting a 5 icon dock, I'd live with 5 icon rows above.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-02-04 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Afterthought

If the Dock was part of the Matrix - surely it would be a 4x5 matrix? Also - the dock can be 3, 2 or 1 icons that are not spaced in a x4 grid layout.

Doesn't this suggest the dock is separate from the icon matrix?

Jim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also miss being able to have a five-icon dock. I just jailbroke my iPhone in 1.1.3 and installed Customize only to find out I couldn't have five icons down there anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bump, this was definetly a big dissapointment with 1.1.3 for me as well, and i'm patiently waiting to see if something can be done about this..

This is very important to me also as many of the coolest themes rely on more than 4 dock setups. (plus who wants only 4 down there... uhhg)
    Last edited by burtthaman; 2008-02-10 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in what file is the 1.1.3 display order stored? ive searched and searched but i cant find anything.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

I don't think there's a way out there to do it as of now...which is sad, because I really liked the GlassOrb theme with the 5 icon dock and the phone icon in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by cphillips1009 View Post
    I don't think there's a way out there to do it as of now...which is sad, because I really liked the GlassOrb theme with the 5 icon dock and the phone icon in the middle.
    what he said

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    in what file is the 1.1.3 display order stored? ive searched and searched but i cant find anything.
    The new displayorder is part of the springboard preferences so:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

However, adding 5 icons to the ButtonBar section crashes SpringBoard so this is going to have to be a SummerBoard feature.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

does summerboard replace springboard?

I understand why springboard crashes with 5 icons in a 4x1 matrix and understand why it can take 3 icons...2 icons and so on.

why cant this matrix be made into a 5x1 matrix and the rest of the screen be left as a 4x4 matrix? are the matrices conected? does springboard expect a 4x1 on each page or can it be replaces by a 5x1?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast