Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Five Icon Dock? Any Ideas?

SummerBoard injects itself into SpringBoard and replaces some code in SpringBoard to add new features.

I'm not sure what you mean by "matrix", but basically SpringBoard is using a special object that appears to expect 4 icons to be loaded from the Preferences.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cphillips1009 View Post
    I don't think there's a way out there to do it as of now...which is sad, because I really liked the GlassOrb theme with the 5 icon dock and the phone icon in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    what he said
    what they said

Bump, anyone figure this out yet for 1.1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by dominic56 View Post
    Bump, anyone figure this out yet for 1.1.4?
    dumb question.....
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by djnikk View Post
    dumb question.....
    rude answer.

Quote Originally Posted by robjrussell View Post
    rude answer.
    sorry, guess your right. To answer your question. No there is no way to add 5 icons in the dock with either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 since they are mostly identical. Anyways, hope somone figures it out soon, cause I hate only having 4 icons... doesn't seem right, doesen't feel.. comphy...
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

Hi everybody. Did you find a way for the 5 icon dock?

Apparently caterpillar http://ripdev.com/caterpillar/ has the 5 dock icon which does work with 1.1.3. Personally I feel the purchase price for this app is too expensive, especially for just one feature.

Regardless, if this guy can do it, then it can be done.

i did install the Caterpillar program using the two day trial and yes i do have 5 icon dock and the old reflective dock from <1.1.2. It seems to work fine.
    I do not know what will happen after the trial expires. Maybe it just won't add more.

After the 2 day trial it disappeared for me, and also screwed up my mobilephone.app. I had to do a restore as the phone crashed repeatedly. Caterpillar places files DEEP in your phone, it doesnt completely uninstall easily.

DEEP? Huh? I'm pretty sure it just overwrites existing .plist and stings to successfully enable is critiques. Files that are already visible...

Reako

yeah but when it removes its self after the trial period, it really screws up your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmc01 View Post
    yeah but when it removes its self after the trial period, it really screws up your phone.
    What he said. Maybe 'deep' wasnt the best choice of words. Regardless it DOES really screw up your phone... at least it did mine, and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    DEEP? Huh? I'm pretty sure it just overwrites existing .plist and stings to successfully enable is critiques. Files that are already visible...

Reako
    I've compared my whole file tree with and without Cat, side by side and it seems that a lot of the stuff it does is on the core level hence why you can't see it.

Honestly looking at the plists after installation would make you believe that it shouldn't work...eg something else is done to something somewhere for the uCal on lock and 5 icon dock. My guess is that, like SMB, it injects itself into the OS in order to accomplish these things.

I'm all for cracking this app wide open just to get an idea of how it was done but some might have moral and ethical issues with that.
    Just remember...we are doing it to Apple's firmware and no one seems to object. Hows this app different.
    We also need to do the same thing with SMB as none of us know how do do a background wallpaper without SMB.

jhlj
    Last edited by ian40m; 2008-05-13 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    What does the N45AP.plist do?

Would it be possible to change the Apple 4x4 matrix to a 5x5 matrix? While we might not necessarily want 5 to a row icons, if it meant getting a 5 icon dock, I'd live with 5 icon rows above.
    if i'm not mistaken, the N45AP.plist is the plist for iPod touches. modifying the M68AP.plist file to have five icons in the dock does not work(on 1.1.4 at least), i just tried it. everything just stays in the same order. i tried moving the SMS app to the fifth position of the dock, and the mobile itunes store into the spot where the SMS app was to keep the right number of apps there, and turned the phone off and back on and nothing changed, even though i could see the file from winscp was still the way i changed it..i'm gonna dig around later and see if i can figure something out...i'd really like this feature too lol
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12