Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternate SSH Method?

Default Alternate SSH Method?
    Is there any way to ssh into my iphone without being on a wifi network?..like remote ssh?...i have wincp but my fones ip keeps changing all the time so it never works remotely....but if there is a way to ssh without wifi...enlighten me

Unlikely that there is easy way to get it done. How else would you connect to iphone? Hack LAN outlet

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    Is there any way to ssh into my iphone without being on a wifi network?..like remote ssh?...i have wincp but my fones ip keeps changing all the time so it never works remotely....but if there is a way to ssh without wifi...enlighten me

iphonebrowser or iphone pcsuite...but you will have problems changing permissions...lets hope there will be an update on these two apps.

ya i use iphone browser now..but the thing is..i cant access some directories.. but i heard of you ssh you can......the directory /var/...and applications...isnt accessable.. so im limited on my modding so far..grr.

how do you mean your iphones IP changes all the time? if you connect to a wifi network you get an IP and that's it and that's what you use.

i waz meaning over 3G.... if i waz using wifi then i wouldnt have any issue with ssh..all i waz trying to figure out is if i could remotely conn to my fone via internet..basicly

I don't know if this still works but I've tried it with 1.1.4 and it worked. Haven't had the chance to test it out on 2.0 though.

t-pot - Google Code

iPhone.iPhone].iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone

What about if the WiFi is not working?
    Is there any possibilities to figure out the IP address?
    My WiFi seems to be damaged

Any help please......

well... on ur iphone all you do is go to google and type in "whats my ip"...and go to the website and it tells you your ip address. so i put that into wincp and it dosent connect...

^
    It doesn't connect?

ya...wincp dosent find my iphone over 3g....or edge...

use ifile app it allows you to access the one you can't.(straight from iphone)

You need your wifi address. Open setting go to wifi pick the network you are on tap and it should show your address( on iphone). In my last response I was commenting back to SubZ3r0 and him using iphone browser. Also , when gettign your ip address type in true ip address. If you search my ip address I think you are looking at an internal ip and if you type what I said your looking at what the rest of the world is seeing as your address. Or at least thats how it works for porting. But that is not wifi ip.

I also think ifile allows more edit ability than I am aware of.
    Last edited by Oddphone; 2010-02-21 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost