Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange tab apeared in Settings>General after shipped back from repair

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Strange tab apeared in Settings>General after shipped back from repair
    Hi I recently noticed that the middle section of my iphone's touch screen is not responding to touches maybe a line half a centimeter thick, so i sent it back to the company i bought it from, so they have resent it back and when i went to settings general i found this strange new setting tab:

Does somebody knows how did they activated this tab, and what is it exactly doing, they have sent me a not that the fist slider should be somewhere in the middle so that my whole screen works, and that it has been a software issue which was very strange to me...

I guess they activated the touch pressure setting in the springboard preference plist (/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist) in order to set the pressure level needed for your touch screen... and forgot to deactivate it again

the rest of the hacks of preference are here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ght=preference

Can you help upload your com.apple.springboard.plist ? because the extended preference (link above) does not have it.. this is very useful..

nice!another preferences hack.,.. i wonder what else we will find....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asae View Post
    I guess they activated the touch pressure setting in the springboard preference plist (/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist) in order to set the pressure level needed for your touch screen... and forgot to deactivate it again

the rest of the hacks of preference are here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ght=preference

Can you help upload your com.apple.springboard.plist ? because the extended preference (link above) does not have it.. this is very useful..
    I will upload it tomorrow as i don't have my cable with me or WiFI here at the office. However i'm really wondering how can this setting may be able to fix the problem with the middle part of my screen

this would help by increasing the pressure sensitivity. If previously your middle part has the problem, now after it fixed (your middle-part become normal), maybe you can test whether now your non-middle part area is becoming more sensitive than before?

Thanks

this would help by increasing the pressure sensitivity. If previously your middle part has the problem, now after it fixed (your middle-part become normal), maybe you can test whether now your non-middle part area is becoming more sensitive than before?
    There is no difference in the sensitivity, however it is acting kind of strange i mean it is registering clicks at an upper area - different that the one i'm clicking on...
    Last edited by slavipz; 2008-01-18 at 02:19 PM.

becoming over sensitive? .. or totally different too far from what you've pressed?

Thanks

becoming over sensitive? .. or totally different too far from what you've pressed?
    It is not becoming oversensitive, it is responding as i have pressed a couple of mm away from the point that i have actually pressed, for example if i press in the area of the "home button" on the pictures i have posted in the first post it acts as i have pressed on "About", the strangest thing of all is that the difference only goes upwards not downwards or left or right

I have uploaded the file here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/38332766/...ard.plist.html
    Last edited by slavipz; 2008-01-18 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Upon some inspection, I have found that this is on all iPhones, and just isn't included in any of the Preferences lists. I will be implementing this into version 0.4 of my Extended Preferences Hack, but for anyone that wants it now can simply add the following anywhere in their General.plist of Settings-iPhone.plist:
    Code:
    <dict>
    <key>cell</key>
    <string>PSLinkCell</string>
    <key>label</key>			<string>Touch</string>
    </dict>

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    Upon some inspection, I have found that this is on all iPhones, and just isn't included in any of the Preferences lists. I will be implementing this into version 0.4 of my Extended Preferences Hack, but for anyone that wants it now can simply add the following anywhere in their General.plist of Settings-iPhone.plist:
    Code:
    <dict>
    <key>cell</key>
    <string>PSLinkCell</string>
    <key>label</key>			<string>Touch</string>
    </dict>
    Where can we find your extended prefrances hack?

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    Where can we find your extended prefrances hack?
    It is currently down for repairs, but will be back up on the MMi source (http://modmyi.com/installer.xmlif you don't have it already)