Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can i change my carrier logo

Exclamation How can i change my carrier logo
    Hi i just updated my iphone ( 1st gen ) to version 2.0 (unlokced and jailbrake to t-mobile ) I was reading up that you can change the image so instead of having t-mobile i could have a picture or something like this guy

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=OB4DfuC2xQA]YouTube - HOW TO CHANGE CARRIER TAG[/ame]

I have winscp so could someone give me a tutorial that i would understand cause im kinda a noobie to all this.

thanks

Also when i was on 1.1.4 i changed my boot uo logo can i do this with my iphone on firmware 2.0

thanks alot
    Last edited by zulu202; 2008-07-28 at 12:14 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Here, I changed my instructions for Windows.

If you don't have AT&T replace AT&T with your carrier.
    1. Make the new images in Photoshop (although I used Pixelmator).
    2. Export the images to PNGs.
    3. Open the image in with an image viewer, and make sure the default opening Program is not the program you used to make the file with. (Important)
    4. The names have to be exact, even capitalization, they are Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png
    5. The default image is when the backround will be white, and the FSO is when the backround will be black.
    6. Navigate to /System/Library/Carrier_Bundles/ATT_US/ and backup the original files.
    7. Replace Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png in ATT_US with the ones you made.
    8. If everything was done right, when you restart your iPhone, you should have a custom logo.

Result:
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

dncrgrl (2008-08-10)

I am on t-mobile tho ?

i just done the process and when i restarted the iphone it was still on t-mobile ?

thanks anywayz

then do it in the tmobile folder

wich tmobile folder is the uk one ?

seems to me there is no tmobile UK on the iPhone.

try this: go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

this shold redirect you to your current carrier - see where that takes you.
    If it takes you to
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle
    then you've got a problem, because that means you have to create tmobile UK by yourself which could get pretty complicated (if somehow possible)

when i go to carrier bundles lots of carriers are there and then there is one folder that saos unkown bundle

it doesn't matter what folders are THERE, it matters what folder you have to use ;-)
    like I said: go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/
    and see which folder you get redirected to - that is your carrierfolder

Green Apple
    Thanks
    can't I do that using MIM?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedosa View Post
    can't I do that using MIM?
    Yes, MIM is the easy way to do it. Just install MIM from cydia, run the app, fill in your desired name. That's it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If your Carrier is not on the list, you must dreat a new .bundle file. I copied one of the others to my desktop, edited the carrier.plist file and put the graphics files in there. You need to know your providers number ie 25099 for Russian Beeline. Edit the plist to stop the silly call forwarding pop up, put in your carriers stock symbol, it's webpage etc. then copy back to the folder. After that you need to make a symlink with your carriers number that points to the bundle you just made. And Voila!

He beat me to it! / \
    |

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    If it takes you to
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle
    then you've got a problem, because that means you have to create tmobile UK by yourself which could get pretty complicated (if somehow possible)
    Not a big issue to correct. The symlinks (all the number files) in the Carrier Bundles directory represent the MNC of the carrier. As with T-Mobile US, (MNC 310260) there isn't a symlink for T-Mobile UK. Simple process to make it. For T-Mobile USA, one would ssh into the phone, and type:

Code:
    cd /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/ 

ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 310260
    To change to T-Mobile UK, replace those numbers with the MNC for T-Mobile UK. That could be one of three, 23430, 23431, or 23432, so it may be wise to create three symlinks.

Type into terminal, putty, of the ssh client of your choice:

Code:
    ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 23430
    ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 23431
    ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 23432
    I'd probably also recommend to make sure you have a TMobile.bundle. If not, you can surely substitute using TMobile_Germany.bundle or whichever.

Let me know if this works for you.

BTW, first post! How are you fine people doing?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to halfwaytothepole For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (2010-12-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halfwaytothepole View Post
    He beat me to it! /
    |

Not a big issue to correct. The symlinks (all the number files) in the Carrier Bundles directory represent the MNC of the carrier. As with T-Mobile US, (MNC 310260) there isn't a symlink for T-Mobile UK. Simple process to make it. For T-Mobile USA, one would ssh into the phone, and type:

Code:
    cd /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/ 

ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 310260
    To change to T-Mobile UK, replace those numbers with the MNC for T-Mobile UK. That could be one of three, 23430, 23431, or 23432, so it may be wise to create three symlinks.

Type into terminal, putty, of the ssh client of your choice:

Code:
    ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 23430
    ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 23431
    ln -s /System/Library/"Carrier Bundles"/TMobile.bundle 23432
    I'd probably also recommend to make sure you have a TMobile.bundle. If not, you can surely substitute using TMobile_Germany.bundle or whichever.

Let me know if this works for you.

BTW, first post! How are you fine people doing?
    I do that and I get permission denied. I am doing it for Fido

Quote Originally Posted by chuckplumber View Post
    If your Carrier is not on the list, you must dreat a new .bundle file. I copied one of the others to my desktop, edited the carrier.plist file and put the graphics files in there. You need to know your providers number ie 25099 for Russian Beeline. Edit the plist to stop the silly call forwarding pop up, put in your carriers stock symbol, it's webpage etc. then copy back to the folder. After that you need to make a symlink with your carriers number that points to the bundle you just made. And Voila!
    Or use this online tool to create your own carrier bundle for firmware 2.2 (documentation is here).

Thanks

Hey just use MIM and also use enable emoji from cydia. That way u can have text and graphics. Thanks

The MakeItMine + Emoji solution allows you to have a carrier logo made up of Japanese "emoji" emoticons... If you're satisfied with that, go for it. Otherwise, use a custom firmware bundle. It really isn't that difficult, and it also allows you to optimize other settings -- e.g. turn off the "Call Forwarding On" messages that appear when you make a call, etc.

Default Mobistar (Belgium) Carrier Logos
    Searched everywhere, couldn't find. Made my own. Here they are. Mobistar. Put them in your Mobistar carrier bundle, mine was at /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Mobistar_be.bundle

Enjoy!

Chris

3GS, JB with PR, then with redsn0w...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi every1,

I'm having problem applying my new High Res carrier logo for T-Mobile UK and I have no joy. Does any1 know how to do this for T-Mobile UK on iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1?

The Carrier bundle.bundle redirects me to /var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundles/23430\TMobile_uk.bundle when I replace the PNG files in there nothing happens. Anyways, on my iPhone I have just "T-Mobile" and those PNG files are "T-Mobile UK" so probably that's why replacing PNG files doesn't do anything...

Again, this is T-Mobile UK - not US - on iOS 4.0.1 (iPhone 4)

thanks for any advices

Make sure you're replacing the high-res ones with the @2x extension - they are for the retina display... Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast