Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube+1.1.2+GPRS=YES!

Default YouTube+1.1.2+GPRS=YES!
    If your carrier only provides GPRS connection,and you have updated to 1.1.2,I believe that you have seen that youtube.app works only with EDGE or WiFi.Today I copied the 1.1.1 youtube.app to my phone and guess what...It WORKS with GPRS!

go HERE to download the file.Copy to iPhone and set permissions to 0755..

Thanks

nice find, but GPRS as well as EDGE is too expensive

i agree,that's why i have a data plan with my carrier that gives me 200MB for 15euro/month...

Thanks

Cool.
    But anyway I'm spending like 25 UAH per month, that's about 3.37172 EUR

Eh GPRS in Australia is slow and not much coverage.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am thankful for this as it bothered me that I couldnt use youtube with gprs in jamaica.

Btw, I pay $399 Jamaican Dollars (roughly $6 US) a month for unlimited gprs which moves at dialup speeds (actual speeds of about 6k down and about 5k up)

Its slow by any standard really lol, but for syncing email and browsing forums and such its great. Checking engadget takes about a minute for the entire site to load though, but it loads most of the text first and the pics last, so after about 10 seconds I can start reading stuff. Incidentally, the new app "Listen" works great from gprs too, it takes about 8 seconds for the server to reply with the song title etc. Anyhow, back on topic, thanks for the youtube, it will help me pass the time
    Last edited by prototype_sx; 2008-01-10 at 08:19 AM.

Where did u install the app?

hi, I have delete my youtube.app and copy the 1.1.1 youtube.app in my application folder. I have changed the permissions but it doesn't work. can someone tell me how to make it work?

sorry for my bad English!

thank you

push!

i really need help!!

how can download it to my iphone? you know the problem of my youtube is the buffering very slow i cant watch continusly