Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blank spaces in M68AP.plist?

Default Blank spaces in M68AP.plist?
    What I'd like to do is create a stock looking home screen, with three blank spaces in the last row before the mobilestore icon. I tried creating an app with a transparent icon, but tapping in that area brings up the blank app, so not an ideal solution.

I tried various hacks on the M68AP.plist file to create fake entries, but nothing I tried there worked out either.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

take 3 apps and modify the Info.plist in them to have
    <key>SBIsRevealable</key>
    <true/>

in them.
    use this hack http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=reveal
    to turn on app reveal.
    or set SBEnableAppReveal to 1 in /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

hope it makes sense... I like 3 hidden icons on my first page too!

use customize to move them to the right position or edit /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Lightbulb Hide icons
    If you just want to hide some icons, you can also edit the 'SBDockBG2.png' file. (system/library/coreservices/springboard)
    Just make its dimension 320x480 and black out the areas of the icons you wanna hide..

As said above, you can first re-order your icons by ediitng the 'M68AP.plist'

Very simple with a black backgr; if you use a wallpaper, you have to overpaint the areas with same pattern as wallp..

Maybe not an option for you guys, but it maybe handy for people who want an easy way..

With summerboard you can also easily move icons to a next 'page' so i think there must also be a way to do this in a .plist somewhere; i didn't find a clue to recognize the 2 'pages' yet in the 'M68AP.plist'..

Cheers,

Johnny Crash
    Last edited by Johnny Crash; 2007-12-22 at 06:21 PM. Reason: addition

Good tips... After a bit of searching, I found this thread which was pretty close to what I wanted. The blank apps there are still launchable, but they basically launch then quit, taking you back to the Springboard. Minor annoyance.

I looked at doing the SBIsRevealable trick, but this relied on setting the SBEnableAppReveal property, which then also hid YouTube, Safari, and iTunes. I could have disabled the property in those apps, but didn't feel like going to that amount of trouble.

I guess this is close enough until some better way comes along.

You can remove

<true/>

from the stock apple apps's Info.plists!

I did!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    take 3 apps and modify the Info.plist in them to have
    <true/>

in them.
    use this hack
    to turn on app reveal.
    or set SBEnableAppReveal to 1 in /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist
    Thanks soo much. I have been looking to get around actually having to have the "App Reveal" tweak in settings. Simply modified my com.apple.springboard.plist file to have <integer>1<integer> and presto I could double tap to get the app icon to dissapear and reappear!

Sman