Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Make home button double tap launch the application of your choice

Default [HOW TO] Make home button double tap launch the application of your choice
    While working on my custom firmware, I spotted many new interesting things in the SpringBoard application that have yet to have been discovered, or at least reported to the public. Today I will show you one of them that will come to great use for most of you.

1. Open up /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

1b. Use this to convert the file to XML if is appearing as jibberish to you

2. Find the string "<key>SBDoubleTapURL</key>"

3. Below it, there it should say " <string>doubletap://com.apple.(name of whatever you have set)</string>"

3b. Change it to whatever you want it to redirect to when you double tap the home button. For example, I wanted it to go to the camera, so I replaced it with " <string>doubletap://com.apple.mobileslideshow-Camera</string>"

After you have changed the file, re-upload it to your iPhone, then reboot it. Or, if you have Summerboard installed, then open SMBPrefs.app and tap "Restart SpringBoard" at the bottom. Then you are done!

If anyone can, please point me in the direction of anywhere that has the source for MakeItMine.app, so I can make an application to change this with ease. Thank you.
    Last edited by King Chronic; 2007-12-13 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Grammar error

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

jarthurs1981 (2007-12-20)

did you look at modifying /Applications/Preferences.app/Home\ Button.plist as a chooser program.

the plist that generates the Home Button pref page

PS it doesn't do the JOB... but you can put the extra apps in the menu... they still don't work (maybe my plist was not enough)
    Last edited by jakecigar; 2007-12-13 at 09:39 PM.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

I am aware of that, but I have had trouble getting that working. This is a fool proof way of doing it and I have it confirmed working on my iPhone.

plutil -s SBDoubleTapURL -v doubletap://com.spiffytech.pigshooter /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

restart

gives me PigShooter on the double tap!
    plutil -s SBDoubleTapURL -v doubletap://com.apple.mobilephone\?view=FAVORITES /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

changes it back
    Last edited by jakecigar; 2007-12-13 at 10:12 PM.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i cant seem to get this to work... i want to make it that a 3rd party application launcher is oppen on the double tapp. i changed the strings to

<string>doubletap://com.apple.launcher</string>

(its the launcher.app from installer)

what am i doing wrong?

I built a quick little app to handle setting a custom double tap. It's not on the repositories yet.....but you can download it here....

http://iphone.dashbuster.com/iphonehome.html

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier79 View Post
    I built a quick little app to handle setting a custom double tap. It's not on the repositories yet.....but you can download it here....

Works pretty dayum sweet... THANKS!
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

I would absolutely LOVE someone to be able to get the home button the option to answer phone calls. It's winter here in chicago and always having to remove a glove to answer a phone blows (if not using my headset)

Quote Originally Posted by jim0068 View Post
    I would absolutely LOVE someone to be able to get the home button the option to answer phone calls. It's winter here in chicago and always having to remove a glove to answer a phone blows (if not using my headset)
    I will definitely look in to doing this.

Does your program only work on 1.1.2? I'm running 1.1.1 and when I launch the program it just gives me a blank screen for a few seconds and then boots me back out to the Springboard...

There was indeed a problem with 1.1.1 and iPhoneHome versions older than 0.7.1.

The latest version, 0.7.1 works with 1.1.1 and is available through installer.app.

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier79 View Post

How Do I install this??

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slick2404 View Post
    How Do I install this??
    It's now on the STE repository. And itworks great.
    It works for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2

hi King, app works great! Was just wondering if it was technically possible to program the home button to open the Ipod and skip to the next track. I use the phone in the car and it would make it much easier to change track.

Quote Originally Posted by phonemd View Post
    hi King, app works great! Was just wondering if it was technically possible to program the home button to open the Ipod and skip to the next track. I use the phone in the car and it would make it much easier to change track.
    I'll look into this also

17. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

evilp8ntballer7 (2008-04-23)

hi King,

I was wondering if this works for 2.0? Also, did you ever figure out a way to answer the phone using the home button? Finally, do you think it would be possible to program a tripple tap?

Thanks,

L

Quote Originally Posted by samawil View Post
    hi King,

I was wondering if this works for 2.0? Also, did you ever figure out a way to answer the phone using the home button? Finally, do you think it would be possible to program a tripple tap?

Thanks,

L
    I like the idea of Triple Tap.

I was also wondering if it was possible to toggle between programs by double tapping.

Now I have my double tap set to open SMS, but most of the time I use SMS really quick and want to go back to the app I was using.

It would be nice if I could just double tap again and return to the application I was using before.

Ex: Watching a vid on iPod, get a text, double tap, write/send, double tap to return to iPod.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

i don't think this works on 2.0, but the program appflow will set applications to double tap.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rossrossross For This Useful Post:

brianmarocco (2008-08-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossrossross View Post
    i don't think this works on 2.0, but the program appflow will set applications to double tap.

thanks dude!!! i just spent about an hour trying to figure out how to set home button to launch this app...oh well. Thanks!!!!!

Default hi
    Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    I will definitely look in to doing this.
    adding to this ....
    were you able to do anythingon this?
    i badly need this feature as i have a deadlower screen..
    plesae help out

thanks
    Laks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast