Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No vibration or alerts

Exclamation No vibration or alerts
    I'm running on a jalbroken 1.1.1 and have many mods so I really don't wanna restore, but I've posted this before & recieved no help. My iPhone doesn't want to recognize any alerts with sound or vibrations. When I flip the switch on the side.....nothing happens. The image shows up, but no vibration. My iPhone doesn't alert me with any sound when I get a text, email, or even keyboard clicks. When my phone rings I do get ringtones & vibration. If someone knows anything about this problem & how to fix it, could you please help me? This would be greatly appriciated.

P.S. All my other sounds work perfectly, including ipod, NES, ect.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boss7 For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by boss7 View Post
    I'm running on a jalbroken 1.1.1 and have many mods so I really don't wanna restore, but I've posted this before & recieved no help. My iPhone doesn't want to recognize any alerts with sound or vibrations. When I flip the switch on the side.....nothing happens. The image shows up, but no vibration. My iPhone doesn't alert me with any sound when I get a text, email, or even keyboard clicks. When my phone rings I do get ringtones & vibration. If someone knows anything about this problem & how to fix it, could you please help me? This would be greatly appriciated.

P.S. All my other sounds work perfectly, including ipod, NES, ect.
    Everything you said happened to me. Stuff that worked for other people were plugging your earphones in and out more than 7 times. Another was thumping the back of your phone once close to where the speakers are.

None of it worked for me. I think NES is the culprit. After I installed it, I noticed sound just died. I tried uninstalling NES and the ROMS but problem still persisted.

I seen something on this THREADwhere you can turn sound on and off, but it involves mobileterminal and messing with core files in the iphone so I didn't want to go that deep.

I just restored, unlocked and jailbreaked again. Good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-13)

Unhappy no sound yet
    Hi,

I am still having the problem. No sound on message, keypad clicks etc.
    I tried to restore, but my itune is trying to install 1.1.2 along with restore.

I stopped that, since i dont want to restore to 1.1.2.

Could anybody help me in getting back my sounds, please.

I dint notice any issue after i installed NES. But this happened after plugged in my headphone to listen to ipod.

I have plugged/unplugged the headphone 100's of time, cleaned it. But no luck.

Please suggest/help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mdev05 For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-13)

Hi,
    I got this sorted at last. The problem wasnt with the headphone jack.
    But one of the application which I had installed last week turned of the sound files. And I dint want to touch that part of iPhone.

So I downloaded the firmware 1.1.1 from iphone.unlock.no and reinstalled the base application. And BOOM, all those iphone clicks and alert sounds are back.

Thanks friends

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mdev05 For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-14)

I'm on 1.1.1, and my iphone does not vibrate. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or not. I've tried restoring, but that didn't work. Has anyone has any success getting their vibrate function back???

10. The Following User Says Thank You to testuser11 For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-13)

I dont know about 1.1.1.. but i just had this problem with 1.1.4 aand i installed appsupport from installer for 1.1.4 and it all works again