Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help

Default help
    Dear Members
    I am not the person who know about tech and app . I would appreciate it if any one can help me in fixing 2 problems in my iphone the version is 1.1.4 and its unlocked as i bought it from the black market. the problem is the ringer tone is very low so if i am in another room i can not hear my phone ring. the second is the SMS how can i forward a SMS.

thanks for your help
    regards
    farm

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you checked your phone's volume? if so.. there's a way that would increase your phone sound 40-60% by sticking a needle into the holes..
    Forwarding an SMS is very easy.. download an app called "iSMS" from installer. easier than the default SMS app.

Default help
    what holes ? where are they i will try isms today

yea im not to sure about poking holes in speakers at all, seems like a bad idea, but some say it works......

also u might wanna install smsd works just like if you had an old phone, can easily forward sms's to the mass's, haha

if smsd closes out everytime you open it then let me know theres a simple hack to fix that

also you might wanna go into the installers and check for a volume hack which should help amp the volume

also check to make sure if you have like mxtube, to have the vol all the way up, for some reason it turns down the system volume.....strage i know, lol

or last resort, ssh into phone, get sound files, open an audio editor and up the db on the output file and then save and put back on iphone :P which is pretty much what i do, but i have custom tones >:P

Default help
    i tried smsd and yes it close as soon as you open in
    i have installer version 3.11 and can not find iSMS there.
    tried iamp that did not bring the vol up there was one more i tried which wanted me to get BSD SUBSYSTEM first did that still that other did not work

how to check mxtube

thanks farm

to get smsd to work:

You need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root):

/var/root/Library/AddressBook/
    /var/root/Library/CallHistory/
    /var/root/Library/SMS/

Then execute the following commands:
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/CallHistory /var/root/Library/
    ln -s /var/mobile/Library/SMS /var/root/Library/

thank HEBS for that one. if you have winscp, connect to ur iphone via wifi

at root directry begin entering commands
    then it WILL work

oh and about mxtube, if you dont have it then its not the cause of ur problem, but if you do, just launch it, play a video real quick and make sure while ur in the application to turn the volume up by using the slider, not the buttons on the side of the iphone :P
    Last edited by movalwebmaster; 2008-06-17 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

I did it, and now.. 50% increase on volume

"You need to delete the following folders, should they exist (pay CLOSE attention to their location--they are in /var/root)"
    guys this is 2 complex how to locate the above ?????? come on guys i am not into that my tec.
    there has to be a simple way ie down load some thing from the installer.... note there is no isms on installer.

believe me thats not techy at all

just connect to iphone via ssh and wireless
    ssh means to log in

like i said using winscp, press ctrl + t and it will come up with a window

theres a spot to put in one line at a time and press the execute button

theres no other way to do this as far as i know

believe me, working with active directory and dns is techy, this is more like color in the picture, i gave you the crayons, u color, lol