Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable EDGE warning?

Default Disable EDGE warning?
    I'm so sick of this stupid message warning me I'm not connected to an EDGE network, every frickin time my iPhone is struggling to remember to connect to WIFI or when I just don't want either and I'm just viewing something offline.

Is there any way to completely eliminate that warning message??

Thanks
    yeah i would like this too

thanks!
    It's Good to be Dominican

Default good idea
    count me please , I do not like this EDGE msg

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Stupid
    Is it just me or is this phone completely retarded? I was playing around for hours last night downloading stuff etc after connecting to my WiFi, was super slow. Anywya, after a while I got services.app and disabled edge, found out that the whole time, the blasted thing has been connected to EDGE and not using my WiFi connection, effect? - 29MB worth of EDGE downloads on my dads contract (with no data services provided as standard, ouch, that's gonna cost some).

Anyway, after disabling edge, I still get messages, EDGE not connected, all the time, I don't care!! I don't want EDGE. Apple sucks!! I wish they would sort this lame excuse for a phone out.

Im not able to connect to youtube or anything else because I'm not connected to edge can you tell me how can I connect to edge on Iphone..

U can use BossPrefs to disable edge

hes already disabled the service, he wants to disable the warning that pops up when ever you access the internet through an app when edge is already off, but you are using wifi or viewing an offline file through safari

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    Is it just me or is this phone completely retarded? I was playing around for hours last night downloading stuff etc after connecting to my WiFi, was super slow. Anywya, after a while I got services.app and disabled edge, found out that the whole time, the blasted thing has been connected to EDGE and not using my WiFi connection, effect? - 29MB worth of EDGE downloads on my dads contract (with no data services provided as standard, ouch, that's gonna cost some).

Anyway, after disabling edge, I still get messages, EDGE not connected, all the time, I don't care!! I don't want EDGE. Apple sucks!! I wish they would sort this lame excuse for a phone out.
    Well first an easy thing to do is CHECK to see if you are using wifi or not by looking in the upper left hand corner for the edge or wifi signal. You can also disable edge from Boss Prefs. If it is not connecting to wifi go to preferences and make sure that wifi is turned on also check in boss pref.

Lastly if you dont like the phone get rid of it.

As far as I know BossPrefs disables edge so the pop up will not show anymore...
    If I Helped... Press THANKS!!
    Sorry for my English...