Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Message Preview while phone in use

Default SMS Message Preview while phone in use
    Does anyone know how to disable or turn off the SMS text preview while the phone is in use? I already now if you but a lockcode on, it will bring up SMS preview on/off option...but this only disable message preview while phone is locked. I get the name and "Text Message" as notification. However, when i am using my phone the text message preview still shows the message...I HATE THIS!! I have not been able to find thread yet for anyone knowing how to change this to "Text Message" as well...surely there has to be a way or file in the system you can mod.....thanks

Well there is the Kate (caterpillar) app that hides this, as well as others like PYSL, iBlacklist and a few others that hides ur text, this is the only way "I" know of, have u looked into those? The Kate is really good ( I use it ) but u do have to pay for it. Oh I also use the blacklist one too to block "certain" #'s from texting
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

pedro79 (2008-05-29)

Okay, thanks for the response....I think I will try the Kate program and go from there!

did Kate work for you? I am scared to install Kate again as the last time, it froze my phone and i had to do a full restore.

I ended up uninstalling Kate...it worked only partly. If I got one text it would block pop up... but if I got two or more it would start showing the names.....I got rid of it and started using PYSL....much better program...eliminates the tex message pop up all together! Love it!

where in PYSL do you set that setting? It was quite messy for me and I couldn't find how to block them? Thanks

You should just be able to open PYSL and go to settings...there should be a toggle switch that says SMS popup. My settings are set for Vibration On, Status Bar On, SMS popup On. I'll still get noise and vibration notification without the pop up.

Yes, i found it in the end but thanks anyway. One question, what does the status bar setting to on do. I have never seen anything on the status bar when a message comes in with PSYL enabled.

It will delete the status bar when you open applications. It was set to on when i first installed it. When I would go to SMS or any other application the status bar would disappear at the top....took me a minute to figure out why! Ha! I like my status bar so I went it and changed it.