Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: top row of iphone is NOT working on main menu

Default top row of iphone is NOT working on main menu
    hey!
    i woke up this morning and at the top of my iphone screen will not work. Since i have not moved my applications around, that is my text, calendar, photos and camera. I tried to install the general.plist that allows me to alter the sensitivity of the screen but since it goes on the top of my general settings i am not able to click it. HELP IS NEEDED BADLY!

i had the same problem, what i did was do a restore(which didnt help), and call apple and set up a repair. they sent me a new iphone in about 3 days.
    YOU WANT TO DO THE RESTORE FIRST.

I have this same issue, but it's with the bottom row (the dock) of my iphone, so I can't go to phone/texts/safari/ipod, and I cant slide to unlock or answer any calls. SO ANNOYING.

I read this online, which you apparently did too:

"This may help:

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    This is the General.plist file that adds a touchscreen setting to your General Settings. It can alter the touchscreen sensors, with 0 being a high sensor (which is what I have set mine to now) and 16 being the lowest sensor (can't move anything). Default setting is 3.5.
    Upload the file to Applications/Preferences.app and you're set!

Best,

[email protected]"

How do I do this? I really want to try this in hopes of fixing my iphone, because it still RARELY responds to touch, although it sometimes does...so there is hope.

Any help is immensely appreciated!