Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Screenshot Utility released

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

is there any way to turn this app off? I am stuck with the "snap" and "view" buttons, and my phone is totally locked up. I can't get to anywhere, and it won't connect to wifi in it current state, so I can't use WinSCP to get inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    is there any way to turn this app off? I am stuck with the "snap" and "view" buttons, and my phone is totally locked up. I can't get to anywhere, and it won't connect to wifi in it current state, so I can't use WinSCP to get inside it.
    Mine did the exact samething, but thankfully mine was stuck with the Wifi on and I just deleted the files and then did a hard reboot.

Thanks

You should be able to go in the screen shot and turn enabled off. Then click the done button at the top right hand corner

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, you should - but I couldn't. My only solution was to completely restore... which, of course meant that I was at 1.1.2, without the ability to customize. So, since I was already "experienced" at downgrading all the way to 1.0.2, and then working back up to 1.1.2 with jailbreak, I am good to go.

But - suffice it to say I won't install that app again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Desaster View Post
    For Screenshots you can use this...

http://www.robota.nl/products/iPhone%20Screenshot.html
    nice but im a little confused

i use WinSCP to get all the files in the right dir but what does it mean "Make screenshot executable (chmod 755)." and "Make the files executable (chmod 755)."

how do i do this in WinSCP because when i try to run the program it jsut sits there in a white screen and goes back to my home

if you are having problems with the screenshot app , its very easy to take the application out.
    1 - use the wincp program and connect to iphone
    2 - go to directory Library/LaunchDaemons and erase the file nl.robota.iphone.screenshot.plist.
    3- go to directory /var/root/Library/Preferences and erase the file nl.robota.iphone.screenshot.plist

4 - go to directory /applications and erase ScreenShot.app folder
    5- restart iphone
    6- go to installer and unistall screenshot

and its done

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bronks For This Useful Post:

Mammoth (2008-01-06)

I am currently using Dock.

I have downloaded the ScreenShot app many times but the floating buttons never apear, has anyone else had this problem?

Whoo thanks bronks. My iPod had the same problems after the battery died, so I followed your instructions. Thankfully looking under my routers WebUI to find the IP of my iPod, and thankfully SSH was running. Things are working like normal and I am not using that program until a stable build has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by inferno10 View Post
    Someone over at The Unofficial Apple Weblog created a little iPhone utility to take snapshots of the iPhone's display in other applications. There isn't much information yet, but it appears to need the command line on the iPhone and outputs the screenshot to a PNG file.

EDIT: Not sure what differences this utility has compared to the one in mobileTerminal.
    EDIT 2: I don't know how I posted the wrong link, but now the right one is up.

iPhone screenshot utility - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    i can't run "/bin/screenshot"....
    i've download the screenshot.zip file (as attached here) unzipped it and transfered it to my iPhone (3G - 2.2) via ssh.
    then i've changed the file permissions (chmod 777 /bin/screenshot) and then i tried to run it but i got "killed" message while do so....
    after some manipulation on the eeror i found that message:

" "Command '"./screenshot"'failed with return code 137 and error message
    -sh: line 9: 762 Killed "./screenshot.
    "

anyone knows how to solve this issue ???
    please help...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by shtofff View Post
    i can't run "/bin/screenshot"....
    i've download the screenshot.zip file (as attached here) unzipped it and transfered it to my iPhone (3G - 2.2) via ssh.
    then i've changed the file permissions (chmod 777 /bin/screenshot) and then i tried to run it but i got "killed" message while do so....
    after some manipulation on the eeror i found that message:

" "Command '"./screenshot"'failed with return code 137 and error message
    -sh: line 9: 762 Killed "./screenshot.
    "

anyone knows how to solve this issue ???
    please help...
    That's probably because this thread is over a year old. To take a screenshot in I believe any of the last 3 or 4 firmwares you just hold the "home" button and press the "power" button.

Quote Originally Posted by doomi View Post
    That's probably because this thread is over a year old. To take a screenshot in I believe any of the last 3 or 4 firmwares you just hold the "home" button and press the "power" button.
    read post before answer... how can i do it from the command-line (shell)?

Quote Originally Posted by shtofff View Post
    read post before answer... how can i do it from the command-line (shell)?
    Install UIKit Tools and use the uishoot command. Note: if you run this as root, the screenshot gets saved in /var/root/Media/DCIM/999APPLE and doesn't show up in Camera roll.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Danner For This Useful Post:

shtofff (2009-02-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danner View Post
    Install UIKit Tools and use the uishoot command. Note: if you run this as root, the screenshot gets saved in /var/root/Media/DCIM/999APPLE and doesn't show up in Camera roll.
    THANKS A LOT MAN !!!!!!!!!
    tha's really cool feature....!!!
    now i can get screen-shot from shellllllllllll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123