Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where is Marimba ringtone file located?

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Where is Marimba ringtone file located?
    ANyone know the location of marimba ringtone is located at in the iphone's directory?

Library/Ringtones
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Thanks

Not there. Its the default ringtone for the iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its called iphone.m4r in the folder as above

Thanks

I don't see such ringtone in that dir. The only one I see is the iphone.m4r, but I upload ringtone myself. The ringtone I'm looking for is Marimba as seen under settings, sounds, ringtone in iphone. The first one on the list.

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

It is found here and called ring.m4r

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sr20_00 For This Useful Post:

leart78 (2016-07-12)

Thanks

sr20:

That was it. Thanks. I am trying to change the default ringtone (marimba). I got it to play my own by replacing the old ring.m4r to mine; however, the ringtone list still reads marimba. Any idea on how to change this??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
    sr20:

That was it. Thanks. I am trying to change the default ringtone (marimba). I got it to play my own by replacing the old ring.m4r to mine; however, the ringtone list still reads marimba. Any idea on how to change this??
    doubt it, the only ringtone the phone thinks should be under that file name is Marimba and if it doesnt go by tags (which it doesnt if it didnt change the name when you replaced it) then i dont see how you could change the name of it.
    Last edited by bts0uth; 2008-05-27 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bts0uth View Post
    doubt it, the only ringtone the phone things should be under that file name is Marimba and if it doesnt go by tags (which it doesnt if it didnt change the name when you replaced it) then i dont see how you could change the name of it.
    No, that's it. Copy ring.m4r out of that folder onto your computer somewhere, open to iTunes and it auto opens it as Marimba.

ducedc: I am not sure how to get rid of Marimba out of the ringtone list. I have tried and tried. Let me know if you find a way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sr20_00 View Post
    No, that's it. Copy ring.m4r out of that folder onto your computer somewhere, open to iTunes and it auto opens it as Marimba.

ducedc: I am not sure how to get rid of Marimba out of the ringtone list. I have tried and tried. Let me know if you find a way.
    You misunderstood me, I was talking about changing the name of Marimba, not if that was the file or not. Sorry for the confusion

Oh, sorry. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers either way. I just wanted to clarify that ring.m4r that I found was that ringtone.

On another note I wish I could figure out how to remove it out of my ringtone folder though.

Thanks

Its funny when I tried to play it via itunes, it ask me to login to my itunes account. But it didn't play.

Yeah me too but did you notice it was named Marimba?

Thanks

yes I did. There's got to be another folder where marimba file is located at & its set to find ring.m4r as the ringtone.

You got me to thinking the same thing. I have found that there isn't though.

Here's how using WinSCP.

1. Open WinSCP and connect to your iPhone.

2. Go to the root directory of your phone.

3. Go to Files/Custom Commands/ Enter

4. In the box that pops up type or copy/paste exactly this next line

find . -name "!?Search for files:?!"

5. Check the "Show results in Terminal" option

6. Click Ok

7. In the next box that pops up type Marimba.m4r
    with the capital M as it is named in Ringtones on the iPhone

This will search the whole remote directory you are in for Marimba.m4r. It won't find it. Now try searching for ring.m4r

If it were found it would pop up a terminal window with the directory of where the file was found. I just found this through some browsing and pieced the steps together. I learn something new everyday.

I have actually been wondering how to do this for a while now.
    Last edited by sr20_00; 2008-05-27 at 07:33 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sr20_00 For This Useful Post:

FireFish (2008-05-27)

Thanks

I have post this on other forums and noone responded or care to take a shoot at it. I see why now.

I reinstall my phone this weekend with a different software and stumble on to something that I thought was unusual. But what if the marimba on the iphone is actually a pic file and the phone is directing that picture to use as ring.m4r? Maybe that is why we can't find it. We need to look for that sounds layout background in iphone. The thing is, when you try to open some of the .png files, in says no preview.

Well I did a search for Marimba.png and just for Marimba. Neither came up. Is that what you meant or am I misunderstanding you?

Thanks

yes that what I meant, but I'm guessing its not going to be named marimba but a different name.

Oh I get it. I guess I should have gotten a little more sleep last night. Two hours didn't cut it. Up all night with a broken back and hard to sleep with this back brace on.

I have no clue what it may be called. As I said before I wish I knew because I like organization and I would love to not have any of the original ringtones listed iin my list.

Thanks

I just wanted to know if anyone out there have figure this mysterious 'marimba' file is located at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast